Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Combine Thread

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Azeem Victor looked very good. Littleton as well was solid. Bierra didn't participate or Feeney. Constantine and Connor O'Brien......meh. Justiss Warren will pass them up pretty quickly is my bet being there for spring. Drew Lewis looked pretty good as well.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I thought last year there was a lot of bullshit times that came out of the Husky combine. This year the only one that immediately sticks out is Lenius' 40 time. 4.49 would have been the fastest 40 of any TE in the last combine by nearly a whole tenth of a second, and would have been upper half of the WRs. It would have been faster than Mariota as well.

That dude is not sub 4.6.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought last year there was a lot of bullshit times that came out of the Husky combine. This year the only one that immediately sticks out is Lenius' 40 time. 4.49 would have been the fastest 40 of any TE in the last combine by nearly a whole tenth of a second, and would have been upper half of the WRs. It would have been faster than Mariota as well.

Agree, but as a Bruin fan, how do you even know who Lenius is? He caught like 5 passes last season.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Agree, but as a Bruin fan, how do you even know who Lenius is? He caught like 5 passes last season.
    He caught a 28-yard pass against UCLA.

Maybe he has a good memory?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Really?

Losing Shelton (possibly a top 10 pick), Kikaha (3rd to 5th rounder), Andrew Hudson (10 sacks last year), and Evan Hudson (decent RS-SR) isn't as bad as losing Shaq (2nd or 3rd rounder) and Timu (UDFA)?

We still return Feeney and Littleton at LB while Bierria and Victor have shown promise. OTOH, we don't bring back any guys who played a ton of snaps (though Qualls, Mathis, and Dissly have shown potential).

I'm actually most worried about the QB and OL.

His did the linebackers look? I'm more worried about that group than the front line

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HFNY said:

Really?

Losing Shelton (possibly a top 10 pick), Kikaha (3rd to 5th rounder), Andrew Hudson (10 sacks last year), and Evan Hudson (decent RS-SR) isn't as bad as losing Shaq (2nd or 3rd rounder) and Timu (UDFA)?

We still return Feeney and Littleton at LB while Bierria and Victor have shown promise. OTOH, we don't bring back any guys who played a ton of snaps (though Qualls, Mathis, and Dissly have shown potential).

I'm actually most worried about the QB and OL.

His did the linebackers look? I'm more worried about that group than the front line

The DL will be fine. There are a lot of young guys that should only get better as the season goes on. Mathis, Qualls, Gaines, Bowman, Dissly, Vea, Johnson….this is going to be a very good group when they all reach their potential. Hope its by fall 2016 (realistically).
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015

I saw him play a few times at Chaminade HS last year. His team was loaded and he's a great prospect, thought UCLA should have recruited him. But he's not a sub 4.5 or even 4.6 player barring some type of miracle development.

For whatever it's worth, a player from that same high school team that really struggled was Jojo McIntosh. I'll be surprised if he ever is a contributor at UW.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I saw him play a few times at Chaminade HS last year. His team was loaded and he's a great prospect, thought UCLA should have recruited him. But he's not a sub 4.5 or even 4.6 player barring some type of miracle development.

For whatever it's worth, a player from that same high school team that really struggled was Jojo McIntosh. I'll be surprised if he ever is a contributor at UW.
    Miracle development?

This might help explain a thing or two: http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209353590
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Miracle development?

This might help explain a thing or two: http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209353590
    Also
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    Columbine > Combine
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Miracle development?

Also
    That shit don't work ... Guys pulling the same rope in opposite directions ,,, divisive coaching right there
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2015
    Buttah
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHB favorite Marvin Hall
  • Options