Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Locker wants to stay in Tennessee

2»

Comments

• blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    Maybe he can finally play safety
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

baby jesus in a dingo boot fellas.

dude i work with is an SC fan, seein the pre-preseason hype and already claiming sark has won the offseason natty.

im like "brah, sark cant develop players for shit, make jack lockner a drop back passer after EVERYONE knew he was basically a white michael vick AND he made ASJ fat."

sark gonna win 8 games this year, show everyone wrong.

I like you drunk person.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    He could stay healthy, make seven figures as a backup, and continue to set him and his family up for life. Smart move.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club

Low cost of living, no state income tax, good hunting and fishing for a country boy like Lockner, big enough city to not be bored but also small enough to be comfortable.

And making 6 or 7 figures as the back up for the next 4-6 years or possibly longer?

Fuck yeah, I'd stay.

but what about wanting to lead a team into the playoffs?

Or maybe he sees the writing on the wall.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Any Husky fan not labeled a doog could have told the Titans how drafting Locker would turn out. I'd have bet Race's house he'd fail as an NFL QB, with the only mild surprise being how often he was injured. Going forward I think he's best chance of effectiveness at the position, aside from holding a nice clipboard, is as a change of pace QB in spot play. In short doses he can complete some passes and make some plays with his legs. If he wants to start he'd better check out the CFL. Edmonton Eskimos sounds about right.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    that he has no appreciation for Locker’s style of play.

The only people who had/have an appreciation for Jack's style of play, outside of his first two games as a Husky, are doogs.

Jack is so fucking dumb he doesn't know when he's not wanted, meaning his wife probably wants him to leave too.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,601 Standard Supporter
    Aren't backup QBs supposed to be smart and know the playbook?
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Locker is currently on a flight to Seattle (my friend is on the flight with him). Either he is going home (likely) or he is visiting with the Seahawks, which might make sense too because free agency starts officially tomorrow.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

It's kind of weird he wants to do that. Maybe he really likes Nashville and doesn't want to move and sell his house.

He's considered the best or 2nd best free agent QB left along with Brian Hoyer. I'm guessing he could make more money going elsewhere.

But how is this free agent QB class a total fucking dreckfest?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I come back to this thread? Christ.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Swaye said:

did you get put in a timeout?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam

Even though they already told him he will no

Doogles said:

Locker is currently on a flight to Seattle (my friend is on the flight with him). Either he is going home (likely) or he is visiting with the Seahawks, which might make sense too because free agency starts officially tomorrow.

Just when I renounce my doogly ways for Locker for good, you troll me with this bait.

I'm already imagining a scenario where Wilson goes down in the second half of the NFC championship game and the long forgotten savior steps in to save the season. The troops then rally around him for an improbable victory over NE and Tom Brady in the rubber match of the century.

Or he breaks his ankle stepping off the airplane, either way.
    Why would Locker replace an injured Wilson when Locker will be replacing Chancellor instead?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

did you get put in a timeout?
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    edited March 2015
    When you said "Jake Locker wants to stay in Tennessee" did that mean he's going to live there now that he's retired?