Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I hate doogs

I made my way over to UW dawg pound tonight to see what kind of ball gargling was happening after the huskies huge win and I was graced with a special headline. "huskies shock the world, knock of 13th ranked utah". Dear christ people, beating a ranked team at home, in basketball no less is not mind boggling. In fact, in basketball it's relatively normal for teams to lose on the road in conference. Where is this program when winning two of your last twelve, and beating a top 15 team is now "shocking the world". Christ i hate doogs.

To my utter amazement, if this couldn't be topped, I ventured onto the next link which could be described as the romar apologist creed. It's title of "Despite a terrible season and a disheartening run, LR is still the man for UW". The abridged version is the following.

1) Romar isn't to be blamed for attrition in the program. This seriously makes me want to vomit. A coach isn't to be blamed for recruiting players who can't play at the pac12 level, then when they transfer(HS, Brew, Dez, Taylor) it's somehow a scapegoat for depth? He gets credit for upshaw when he's playing, then credit when upshaw is gone b/c "what would the team have been with upshaw".....OH wait, everyone with an ounce of sense didn't touch upshaw b/c the upside wasn't realistic to his chances of staying out of trouble. I think romar should have taken the chance, but not relied on diex and the crew for when/if upshaw went up in smoke.

2) Somehow, someway there is a unicorn stuffed in all these players undershorts b/c they are all-americans in written print but couldnt sniff the floor in huskies uni's. News bulletin, JJ isn't good b/c he's been "hurt". Keep holding on the durant lite. Taylor was some sort of stud 3 point shooter. Brew would have grown into a beast. HS would have added much needed depth and defensive intensity. WTF are people smoking? These guys all had multiple years to sniff minutes on shitty teams and weren't pac12 regulars. Brew's stats at montana mean absolutely nothing.

3) Apparently everyone single person who is a doog doesn't understand college basketball. Let me explain. If a player is elite, he likely is on your team for 2 years max. In the rosiest of scenerios you'll get TW, murray for 2 years. Every single coach with a brain plans on having them one year. How can someone honestly talk about Wroten being a senior this year as if that happens anywhere in college basketball? This quote is just baffling "I won't count this among the attrition, but will mention that Wroten would be a senior had he stuck at UW". The biggest non secret in seattle was that TW was only at UW b/c the nba mandate, not because he wanted to be there. Romar knew it just as much as the next guy.

Comments