Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Baseball Managers...

Why do these guys sound like some of the dumbest humans on the planet?

Listen to most of them respond to questions and they barely say shit and appear to have zero enthusiasm for their job.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most of them have a high school education at best and they've spent the vast majority of their adult lives watching one of the most boring games known to humanity.

Hope this helps.

Disagree about the boring game part, but I lol'd.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Not bad work if you can get it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    More than any other sport, baseball is all about the process. And probably more than any other sport, you have reporters asking you the same questions day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day ...

I'd probably find ways to give them the same canned answer for 2 weeks straight and see how long it takes for them to catch on to it.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

The money would be good. Every other part of the job sucks. Spring training, dealing with management, watching 162 games of baseball, talking to the media after, the travel..
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

DeepSeaZ said:

The money would be good. Every other part of the job sucks. Spring training, dealing with management, watching 162 games of baseball, talking to the media after, the travel..
    Sounds great to me. if we clinch the division I would encourage the team to break wade boggs' coast to coast beer drinking record.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Sounds great to me. if we clinch the division I would encourage the team to break wade boggs' coast to coast beer drinking record.
    I still can't believe that shit. Didn't Jeff Nelson say he drank like 70 beers on a plane?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

I still can't believe that shit. Didn't Jeff Nelson say he drank like 70 beers on a plane?
    Yep and everyone called bullshit until other players verified it.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Most of them have a high school education at best and they've spent the vast majority of their adult lives watching one of the most boring games known to humanity.

Hope this helps.

It does help. Thank you.
  • Options
    Bullshit! There is no way someone can drink 70 beers on a 6-7 hour flight. 10 beers an hour, assuming Bud Light or something of the shitty equivalent. That takes concentration and focus. Two things that don't usually go along with drinking. But a BAC calculator test makes me think it is possible.

70 12 ounce beers is 840. Let's say the flight was 7 hours. and Let's say Wade Boggs weighed 220 lbs at the time of the event and I'll guess he was a male during the binge. His BAC would be 1.16. Not nearly as high as I would expect. Don't let him fly the plane but I'm guessing he was still able to flirt with the stewardess.

And yes, ND is my source. Catholics know everything there is to know about drinking.

oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-alcohol/blood-alcohol-concentration/bac-calculator/

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2015
    DeepSeaZ said:

Bullshit! There is no way someone can drink 70 beers on a 6-7 hour flight. 10 beers an hour, assuming Bud Light or something of the shitty equivalent. That takes concentration and focus. Two things that don't usually go along with drinking. But a BAC calculator test makes me think it is possible.

70 12 ounce beers is 840. Let's say the flight was 7 hours. and Let's say Wade Boggs weighed 220 lbs at the time of the event and I'll guess he was a male during the binge. His BAC would be 1.16. Not nearly as high as I would expect. Don't let him fly the plane but I'm guessing he was still able to flirt with the stewardess.

And yes, ND is my source. Catholics know everything there is to know about drinking.

oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-alcohol/blood-alcohol-concentration/bac-calculator/

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

http://stevemasonsmog.typepad.com/710_espns_smog_steve_maso/2007/09/wade-boggs-can-.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/the-beer-guzzling-legend-of-wade-boggs-continues-to-grow-202639672.html
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What I don't get is why the fuck coaches and managers still have to dress in uniform, which make pretty much any dude over 40 look undignified and overweight; it's not like Popovich or Belichick sport jerseys on the sideline.
  • Options
    that's your source?

DeepSeaZ said:

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

http://stevemasonsmog.typepad.com/710_espns_smog_steve_maso/2007/09/wade-boggs-can-.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/the-beer-guzzling-legend-of-wade-boggs-continues-to-grow-202639672.html
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Hope this helps.

This...........

And the rules have been pretty much unchanged for the better part of 150 years. So, there really isn't any new dynamics to discuss.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2015

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

There is a great Always Sunny episode where the Gang tries to break the record. I believe it's the season opener of the most current season. Fucking Hilarious. Plus Wade Boggs makes a cameo.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

DeepSeaZ said:

There is a great Always Sunny episode where the Gang tries to break the record. I believe it's the season opener of the most current season. Fucking Hilarious. Plus Wade Boggs makes a cameo.
    RIP