Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andre Johnson asking for a release

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Any gas left in the tank for the big receiver from Houston?

He would most certainly be our best red zone threat immediately IMO. Probably wants too much, but worth a look. IMO probably has more left than Fitzgerald.

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    He didn't do crap for my fantasy team last year. I think he's done. Yes, fantasy football is my source.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

He would most certainly be our best red zone threat immediately IMO. Probably wants too much, but worth a look. IMO probably has more left than Fitzgerald.

As someone who had him in fantasy for years, he surprisingly isn't good in the red zone. Only 14 TD's the last four years, a really low number for the amount of passes he has caught.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

As someone who had him in fantasy for years, he surprisingly isn't good in the red zone. Only 14 TD's the last four years, a really low number for the amount of passes he has caught.
    I give him a pass for the past two years, but yeah that is a little lower than I would have expected.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Andre Johnson easily the most over hyped wr I can remember.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He isn't a massive TD guy ... but hard to really figure out how to look at him given the QB problems in Houston the last few years (even though he 194 catches over those 2 years).

What he isn't is explosive. What he is is a guy that is fairly big and can move the chains. The red zone stuff who knows. Houston has always used TEs in the red zone a lot with Kubiak and they've got Arian Foster - so he probably hasn't gotten a lot of cheap TDs.

All depends on what his asking price is. I would think that somebody's probably going to pay him more than the Hawks will. But at the same time, he'd definitely be an upgrade in the WR rotation ... you'd be FS to not think that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Still not a fan of the guy...shaub had 2-3 very productive years at Houston as the Qb...yes the rest is a dumpster fire.

Very impressive stats.. with the shit at qb, for some reason he just never impressed me. I didn't enjoy watching him play...maybe its just that he never scored TDs.

Jerry Rice only had one thing on his mind... the end zone.

The stats back up the fact he is a prolific Wr.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Still not a fan of the guy...shaub had 2-3 very productive years at Houston as the Qb...yes the rest is a dumpster fire.

Very impressive stats.. with the shit at qb, for some reason he just never impressed me. I didn't enjoy watching him play...maybe its just that he never scored TDs.

Jerry Rice only had one thing on his mind... the end zone.

The stats back up the fact he is a prolific Wr.

He was never flashy, just physical and technical. The two years Schaub was good he led the NFL in receiving. He also did cool stuff like this.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2015
    Probably the best play of his career?

He is a great WR.