Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Proof Kendyl Taylor Didn't Buy-In

This was Coach Kwitkowski calling out Brandon Beaver for not being early to a class:

This was Brandon Beaver's response today, all in good fun:

This is what Kendyl Taylor replied with:

It's actually pretty sad that he didn't learn anything. It's pretty basic stuff that will help you in real life since you aren't going to make money playing football, Kendyl.

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe Beaver should sell his couch and join Taylor at NAU. It wouldn't be much of a loss. If you act like a baby, you get treated like a baby. Ya think Kwiatkowski stood guard outside Shelton's classes to make sure he showed up on time?

I love the fact that a coach cares enough about his players to hold them accountable.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's a shame. KT really showed me something last year. I figured him to start in '15.

And yeah, smokin' weed and talkin' shit will only carry you so far in a life after football.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree Pepsi. It's not for everyone. No big deal.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kendyl should just sit tight, STFU, and enjoy NAU - hell, I'd even say there's a real estate career right there if he wants it. Flagstaff is cool little town
  • Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 437
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Someone should PhotoShop Sark outside a strip club giving this same message.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Maybe Beaver should sell his couch and join Taylor at NAU. It wouldn't be much of a loss. If you act like a baby, you get treated like a baby. Ya think Kwiatkowski stood guard outside Shelton's classes to make sure he showed up on time?

I love the fact that a coach cares enough about his players to hold them accountable.

I'm pretty sure they do it to everyone.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Disagree Pepsi. It's not for everyone. No big deal.

I think you missed Pepsi's point ...

Good habits breed good results ...

Many were bent out of shape when Taylor sold the couch ... We got a glimpse of the why he did ...

Agree with you that Pete's way isn't for everybody ... But at the same time, got to pull on the same rope in the same direction

HuskyInAZ said:

Bull shit. You think 12 coaches (or how ever many there are) stand guard at 85 football players' classes 3x per day? How does that work?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Bull shit. You think 12 coaches (or how ever many there are) stand guard at 85 football players' classes 3x per day? How does that work?
    Not everyday, but from time to time. Budda and Coach Pete took a picture the other day when Petersen came and checked his class. The coaches have talked about this many times.
    My point is that coaches are going to focus on the challenged kids, as well they should. Apparently, Taylor had an issue with it. Tough shit.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Y'all are verging into Twetters territory here.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

No, but the coaches can have tutors and other athletic department personnel going around and making sure their kids are in classes, paying attention and doing well in school.

I also think the coaches realize that if the kids skip class, it's only an intern or someone reporting to the coaches and that there's no repercussions. I think having the coaches go around and check puts more weight and significance on this issue for the kids, so that they're less likely to skip class if it's a coach checking on them. It also reinforces Petersen's mantra with the coaches practicing what they preach.

FWIW, I know Romar does/did this. I remember him going up in the balcony in Kane 131 and checking to see where his players were in the middle of lecture.
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Beavs looks like he needs to hit the weight room.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droggins said:

The Beavs looks like he needs to hit the weight room.

Biebs*
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FWIW, I know Romar does/did this. I remember him going up in the balcony in Kane 131 and checking to see where his players were in the middle of lecture.

And look how that turned out...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're 10 minutes early you're on time. If you're on time you're late