Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lebron Just Lost the MVP

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
At the line with under 5 seconds to go in OT down by 1 at Houston.

He misses both free throws.

8 total missed free throws by James.

If he had gone into Harden's house and completed the comeback he's back in contention. Now he is toast.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not his finest moment but who cares who wins the MVP. Nobody would trade James for Harden
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Neat.

What sport?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Missing two free throws late in a March 1st regular season game is devastating
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm a huge Rockets homer, but playing without Kyrie pretty much means Lebron has to be on the floor every minute against West teams.

Rockets have no doubt surged with the addition of Smith and Brewer and Terence Jones has been a double double machine since his return, but until they can play defense for 4 quarters I'm not crowning anybody.

They do have the best bench in the league now though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The shot selection chart of the Rockets is highly exploitable IMO ... if I was defending them, I wouldn't even consider guarding the mid-range shot given their lack of attempts from there. When it comes to the playoffs, I expect someone will completely mind fuck with them.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The rockets are pretenders until they aren't.

I could see them losing a series to the Spurs for the reasons Tequilla stated. The west is going to be fun this year in the playoffs.

There is a chance the thunder can sneak a 7 seed if they get healthy, but the idea of a full strength OKC playing Golden State in the 1st round is awesome.

Either way, the top two seeds of the west are most likely going to have to compete with OKC or the defending champs in the 1st.

The Spurs are old (again), but i'm not counting them out until they've been beaten. Who knows how much juice they are saving and Pop is Pop.

It's going to be like having 2 western conference finals to kick things off. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The shot selection chart of the Rockets is highly exploitable IMO ... if I was defending them, I wouldn't even consider guarding the mid-range shot given their lack of attempts from there. When it comes to the playoffs, I expect someone will completely mind fuck with them.

That shot chart was available at the end of last season. It's not like the league is just now figuring out they only shoot 3s and drive/kick. Their problem is consistent defense.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a huge Rockets homer, but playing without Kyrie pretty much means Lebron has to be on the floor every minute against West teams.

Rockets have no doubt surged with the addition of Smith and Brewer and Terence Jones has been a double double machine since his return, but until they can play defense for 4 quarters I'm not crowning anybody.

They do have the best bench in the league now though.

San Antonio still has a better bench. I think Houston makes it out of the first round this year. The front court is really good, especially if Dwight Howard is healthy.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    I like that the rockets love themselves more than anything. That doesn't work in the playoffs. It's fun lovin' in the march, but let's get serious. Coming out and saying James Harden is the real King james b/c they won a game in march? Lebron has won how many MVP's, Rings and been in how many finals? Dear christ their team needs a serious attitude awakening for what matters. BUT, everyone knows that a team with king superman dipshit doesn't understand anything anyhow. Can't believe anyone hitched their wagon to dwight howard
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like that the rockets love themselves more than anything. That doesn't work in the playoffs. It's fun lovin' in the march, but let's get serious. Coming out and saying James Harden is the real King james b/c they won a game in march? Lebron has won how many MVP's, Rings and been in how many finals? Dear christ their team needs a serious attitude awakening for what matters. BUT, everyone knows that a team with king superman dipshit doesn't understand anything anyhow. Can't believe anyone hitched their wagon to dwight howard

I don't like Dwight Howard either, but getting him was a smart move. Their wagon is attached to James Harden anyways.
  • Options

I don't like Dwight Howard either, but getting him was a smart move. Their wagon is attached to James Harden anyways.
    equitably moronic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

equitably moronic.
    There is no fantasy draft every year. You have to do what you can with who is available. Houston has gone from an 8 seed two years ago to now being a 3 seed in the loaded West two years later. They are on the right path. I don't think they will win a title, but what exactly is there to criticize?
  • Options

You got trolled bro
  • Options

equitably moronic.
    There is no fantasy draft every year. You have to do what you can with who is available. Houston has gone from an 8 seed two years ago to now being a 3 seed in the loaded West two years later. They are on the right path. I don't think they will win a title, but what exactly is there to criticize?
    A lot of people dislike Harden. Not sure what you can say about the leagues leading scorer who has carried his team through 12 different lineups this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

equitably moronic.
    A lot of people dislike Harden. Not sure what you can say about the leagues leading scorer who has carried his team through 12 different lineups this year.
    Best 2 guard in the league. Gets to the foul line every game. Not as bad at defense as everyone suggests and easy to hide with Beverly and Ariza/Brewer.
  • Options

equitably moronic.
    Best 2 guard in the league. Gets to the foul line every game. Not as bad at defense as everyone suggests and easy to hide with Beverly and Ariza/Brewer.
    And Smith. Btw I'm not suggesting Rockets are a real contender, I don't really think they are. But being 3 seed isn't a fluke.
  • Options
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched the 4th quarter of yesterday's game, but just saw the Harden kick now. Harden barely touches him and Lebron acts like he's the cameraman who got stomped by Dennis Rodman. Lebron is the biggest flopper.
  • Options

I watched the 4th quarter of yesterday's game, but just saw the Harden kick now. Harden barely touches him and Lebron acts like he's the cameraman who got stomped by Dennis Rodman. Lebron is the biggest flopper.

Lebron also held Patrick Beverly to the ground by his neck at one point. Honestly, it's a regular season game, wgaf about the calls.