Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Congress is hilarious/embarassing

Comments

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    As opposed to no division hardly whatsoever in the Democrat party where everyone just swallows the Obama platform as Dear Leader tells them to?

I would like to see division in both parties because it would at least tell me that there are some who still might give a shred of a fuck about the people that front their lavish lifestyles.

You're like Honda, only quieter and passive. You'd serve as a good bottom.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    loadsock said:

As opposed to no division hardly whatsoever in the Democrat party where everyone just swallows the Obama platform as Dear Leader tells them to?

I would like to see division in both parties because it would at least tell me that there are some who still might give a shred of a fuck about the people that front their lavish lifestyles.

You seem frustrated. The point of running for election is to attain the reigns of power, and to govern. The GOP has always claimed that they're the adults in the room, and now it's time for them to act like that. It's one thing to be a Jacksonian populist in the streets, but once in power you need to grow up and make compromises that benefit the country.

And yes, the Democrats have been divided at times. How else do you think we ended up with Romney's health care system instead of single payer?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

loadsock said:

You seem frustrated. The point of running for election is to attain the reigns of power, and to govern. The GOP has always claimed that they're the adults in the room, and now it's time for them to act like that. It's one thing to be a Jacksonian populist in the streets, but once in power you need to grow up and make compromises that benefit the country.

And yes, the Democrats have been divided at times. How else do you think we ended up with Romney's health care system instead of single payer?
    You're a power bottom.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

loadsock said:

Obama has been, for the past 6 years, completely disinterested in making compromises. And it's clear that "benefit of the country" is not his top priority. Sure, you can bag on the GOP congress for the latest ineptness, and it's likely deserved, but our fearless leader has shown what a shit show really looks like.
  • Options
    Oh man, you got me. Not sure how I'll recover from that one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'll just have to console myself with the thought of the right talking themselves into Scott Walker.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

loadsock said:

Obama has been, for the past 6 years, completely disinterested in making compromises. And it's clear that "benefit of the country" is not his top priority. Sure, you can bag on the GOP congress for the latest ineptness, and it's likely deserved, but our fearless leader has shown what a shit show really looks like.
    I don't want to get into the weeds on this, but which party was willing to defund homeland security in order to prove a political point? That it took democratic support for Boehner to pass his bill shows exactly where the republicans are in terms of playing with the big boys.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wouldn't have the issue with DHS if the dumb fuck in the white house had respected the constitution. What else could the GOP do to carry out the wants of the VAST MAJORITY of Americans?

BTW, negative bonus points for 3 posts in a row. Take a deep breath and try to get it out in one sitting.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Wouldn't have the issue with DHS if the dumb fuck in the white house had respected the constitution. What else could the GOP do to carry out the wants of the VAST MAJORITY of Americans?

BTW, negative bonus points for 3 posts in a row. Take a deep breath and try to get it out in one sitting.

Take a minute and explain that one.