Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon ...

DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Founders Club
... is getting it done with role players (Benjamin), guys we "didn't want" (Rorie) and transfers (Young).

But, we can doog it up and talk about how they're not doing it the "right way" and that Altman lacks character. Oh yeah, and the obligatory "Phil Knight is the devil" excuse.

(By the way, between Creighton and Oregon, Altman hasn't had a losing season in 18 straight years. Apparently, coaching matters, but since that doesn't fit the meme, I'll just leave that out.)

I'm not here to promote Oregon's rape culture; however, I would like to win a fucking basketball game on occasion and our current coach seems to be failing in that regard.

Take heart though, I heard (Phil Bleenor?) that next year the NCAA is ONLY inviting teams who have coaches with character to the NCAA tournament, so UW should be right at the top of the list ... get your tickets early.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Altman has never done shit. Romar sucks, but the pressing done to try and prove that point is getting FS.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Upshaw coat himself millions by not going to Oregon, I actually feel bad for him. With Upshaw Oregon is pushing Arizona right now
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Upshaw coat himself millions by not going to Oregon, I actually feel bad for him. With Upshaw Oregon is pushing Arizona rocks right now

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Constructing a competitive roster out of transfers and role players = doing shit.

Failing to construct a competitive roster = not doing shit.

I'm not an Altman guy and I hate Oregon with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but I am bright enough to take note when an average coach can still field a competitive roster and have his team in the hunt for the NCAA tournament even though he's not a marquee guy.

It doesn't take Pitino or Boeheim to field a competitive team and the notion that Romar stays because there is no one better out there is FS.

Altman is a slightly above average guy and is a good counter to the doog mantra that the UW needs a big name to be successful.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Upshaw coat himself millions by not going to Oregon, I actually feel bad for him. With Upshaw Oregon is pushing Arizona right now

Oregon would have been a better choice for him, sure. But his short tenure at UW won't really hurt Upshaw's earning potential. Talent is talent.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Constructing a competitive roster out of transfers and role players = doing shit.

Failing to construct a competitive roster = not doing shit.

I'm not an Altman guy and I hate Oregon with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but I am bright enough to take note when an average coach can still field a competitive roster and have his team in the hunt for the NCAA tournament even though he's not a marquee guy.

It doesn't take Pitino or Boeheim to field a competitive team and the notion that Romar stays because there is no one better out there is FS.

Altman is a slightly above average guy and is a good counter to the doog mantra that the UW needs a big name to be successful.

I agree with that. I went and looked and Altman is doing better than I thought.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eklund, Kim, and Beach were all giddy little schoolgirls about Oregon's off season basketball implosion. They were hearing that Oregon's basketball program would be burnt to the ground
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Unlike UW, UO is implosion-proof. They GAF.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You don't start a multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation, put your dead son's name on the building and implode.

Altman's record at Creighton told you what he was before he ever got to Eugene and it of course was true. He wins no matter what, but he doesn't win big. He's probably the best basketball coach in the conference, but recruiting is what really matters if you want to be elite. Altman either ran off every high school kid he signed almost instantly or the school booted them for having sex with white women.

Oregon will be good, but not great as long as Altman is there. That's why there is zero interest in the program from the fan base. Also the new arena is a fucking awful place to watch basketball compared to Mac Court.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Altman has never done shit. Romar sucks, but the pressing done to try and prove that point is getting FS.

Please replace your 55 with a FS.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Forget the Altman comparison, if you really want to be depressed look at what Tinkle is doing at OSU in his first season with a team of real nobodies.