Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW vs. Boise State Officially Friday Sept. 4th

2»

Comments

• Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Boise's losing some key pieces from last year (notably Ajayi) whereas Washington is clearly in transition from gutted interior of Seven's classes. Honestly, it's not that interesting of a game if you a) take away the Petersen factor), b) eliminate the Boise fans that are going to be salivating at the chance to beat a PAC school that traveled to their building, and c) a Cuog that takes more interest at Washington losing than the Cougs winning.

Just like a husky having more interest in Sark losing than UW winning so u would know
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    beelzebub said:

Tequilla said:

Boise's losing some key pieces from last year (notably Ajayi) whereas Washington is clearly in transition from gutted interior of Seven's classes. Honestly, it's not that interesting of a game if you a) take away the Petersen factor), b) eliminate the Boise fans that are going to be salivating at the chance to beat a PAC school that traveled to their building, and c) a Cuog that takes more interest at Washington losing than the Cougs winning.

Just like a husky having more interest in Sark losing than UW winning so u would know
    You clearly are confused ...

It's fun to make fun of Seven losing ...

The joy I get out of the Huskies winning is 81x better than the joy I get out of Seven falling on his face.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Actually I'm fine with Friday ...

ANY Friday in 2015....

Cause ... For 2015 ...

TSIO most likely
  • Options

ANY Friday in 2015....

Cause ... For 2015 ...

TSIO most likely

Pretty much this ...

There will be some interesting things to look at and watch as the players develop in Year 2 under the Petersen system. It would be nice to see at least one win that comes from left field (Oregon???) where after the game you look at things and shake your head.

But honestly, when you look at the roster, and what is likely to be contributing this year, and then compare to PAC averages, it's hard not to see that Petersen's more or less 2015 was going to be a treading water year as soon as he took the job.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

ANY Friday in 2015....

Cause ... For 2015 ...

TSIO most likely

Pretty much this ...

There will be some interesting things to look at and watch as the players develop in Year 2 under the Petersen system. It would be nice to see at least one win that comes from left field (Oregon???) where after the game you look at things and shake your head.

But honestly, when you look at the roster, and what is likely to be contributing this year, and then compare to PAC averages, it's hard not to see that Petersen's more or less 2015 was going to be a treading water year as soon as he took the job.
    Like the 12's say "I'm in"

I'm just realistic about it. Win big in 2016 or GTFO.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    beelzebub said:

But how is Husky Football a high school program?

Where are all the morons dawging the Cougs about playing on Friday?
    Too bad u guys r terrible, with all the compelling story lines that would be a Saturday prime time game
    Yeah, fuck me for not tuning into Wazzu @ Nevada or watching Wazzu get plungered @ Stanford. I only watched the Thursday night opener to see the Cuogs bow before the mighty Scarlet Knights in front of 12 fans at the Clink.

Besides, if you can't see how UW being an underdog to a WAC team at Albertson's Lemon Farm is big time football then I can't help you.
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It will be a woodshed moment for Pete! Boise has the better team,playing the home opener vs Pete will be a big deal in that town.

I see UW limping home from a ass kicking setting the tone for a dismal year...
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    devildawg said:

It will be a woodshed moment for Pete! Boise has the better team,playing the home opener vs Pete will be a big deal in that town.

I could give you 5 reasons for a butt kicking by the Dawgs. But you probably already know those reasons.
  • Options
    I didn't even realize I stepped on 5 reasons ... WTF was I thinking?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    devildawg said:

B+, needs more exclamation points and a random shot at Smith.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The fact we're playing at an ex-Little Sky program is borderline pathetic (I graduated, it's we're). Oh, did Safeway Stadium add more capacity? Is it 34,000 now? LOL

Also, it's never too early to troll their boreds. Watch the master Bill. ;) ($75,000)

It's smart. Actually "you" almost lost to a real Big Sky team twice this decade. At home. With more money.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Let's be honest, barring a massive miracle at the QB position, the 2015 Husky Football season is going to be a season in transition where our interest is going to be in watching the team development over the course of the season leading into the special 2016 and 2017 seasons.

I'm sure that somehow they'll find a way to get bowl eligible, but anything greater than 8-4 next year would be a MASSIVE surprise. And in fairness, 8-4 may be a stretch when you consider the following:

1) Still tremendous uncertainty at the QB position and the desire to make sure that Browning redshirts if at all possible

2) Replacement of large chunks of an average OL ... which while the newbies may be young, hungry, and ready to rumble, they'll probably have a few growing pains during the year. In the long run, this will be a better group but that might be in 2016.

3) Given the issues of 1 and 2 above, even if we were flush with skill position players, we could have offensive challenges. The reality is that we're not flush with much on offense at this point that makes you think of skill position players being anything more than average PAC caliber unless we get a strong breakout season from a true frosh or two - but what's more likely from anybody in that group that plays immediately is being a contributor that positions them into being strong contributors in 2016 forward.

4) Replacement of essentially the entire defensive front ... while I think we have some good pieces there to build upon, they are still young in some areas there and really nobody in that group has been asked to play 60+ snaps in a game before and have the consistency tied into that.

5) Potential best player on defense is Feeney if he can find consistency, but the rest of the LB position will be relatively new and mistakes will happen as this unit grows.

The only positional group that I feel relatively decent about is the secondary. Everything else is a massive question mark flush with ceilings of probably average conference play next year.

I haven't looked at what Boise returns, but that will be a tough game. So will Utah State. Going 1-1 in those games is probably the likely result. 4-5 in conference is probably about right as well. Home games against Cal and the Cougs are probably wins as is the game at Oregon State. Should expect to get at least a split of Arizona and Utah since the games are at home. 5-4 in conference next year is probably the best case scenario because I don't see wins @ SC, @ ASU, or @ Stanford and Oregon's got to completely shit the bed at the QB position worse than us for us to win that game at home next year.

When did Kim Guzzler hack your account?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

ANY Friday in 2015....

Cause ... For 2015 ...

TSIO most likely

Pretty much this ...

Like the 12's say "I'm in"

I'm just realistic about it. Win big in 2015 or GTFO.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Let's be honest, barring a massive miracle at the QB position, the 2015 Husky Football season is going to be a season in transition where our interest is going to be in watching the team development over the course of the season leading into the special 2016 and 2017 seasons.

I'm sure that somehow they'll find a way to get bowl eligible, but anything greater than 8-4 next year would be a MASSIVE surprise. And in fairness, 8-4 may be a stretch when you consider the following:

1) Still tremendous uncertainty at the QB position and the desire to make sure that Browning redshirts if at all possible

2) Replacement of large chunks of an average OL ... which while the newbies may be young, hungry, and ready to rumble, they'll probably have a few growing pains during the year. In the long run, this will be a better group but that might be in 2016.

3) Given the issues of 1 and 2 above, even if we were flush with skill position players, we could have offensive challenges. The reality is that we're not flush with much on offense at this point that makes you think of skill position players being anything more than average PAC caliber unless we get a strong breakout season from a true frosh or two - but what's more likely from anybody in that group that plays immediately is being a contributor that positions them into being strong contributors in 2016 forward.

4) Replacement of essentially the entire defensive front ... while I think we have some good pieces there to build upon, they are still young in some areas there and really nobody in that group has been asked to play 60+ snaps in a game before and have the consistency tied into that.

5) Potential best player on defense is Feeney if he can find consistency, but the rest of the LB position will be relatively new and mistakes will happen as this unit grows.

The only positional group that I feel relatively decent about is the secondary. Everything else is a massive question mark flush with ceilings of probably average conference play next year.

I haven't looked at what Boise returns, but that will be a tough game. So will Utah State. Going 1-1 in those games is probably the likely result. 4-5 in conference is probably about right as well. Home games against Cal and the Cougs are probably wins as is the game at Oregon State. Should expect to get at least a split of Arizona and Utah since the games are at home. 5-4 in conference next year is probably the best case scenario because I don't see wins @ SC, @ ASU, or @ Stanford and Oregon's got to completely shit the bed at the QB position worse than us for us to win that game at home next year.

When did Kim Guzzler hack your account?
    He didn't ...

Maybe I'm being overly conservative at this point and will become more optimistic after the Spring, and maybe it's my lack of optimism as long as Miley Cyrus is the QB (and at this point there's no strong reason to suggest he will or won't be), but I just see an average team for the UW in 2015. I don't think that they'll be bad ... I just don't think that they'll be particularly good.
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67

devildawg said:

The stalker troll followed me all the way over here...wtf troll?

devildawg said:

He dickwad troll! You follwing me over here?

So your ready to fully endorse little Smitty? I'd gladly pay you if the Dawgs can pull out the win on the smurf turf if you'd like to put your money where your mouth is?

The great thing about this board is I won't get the boot for calling you a fucktard....

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    devildawg said:

devildawg said:

The stalker troll followed me all the way over here...wtf troll?

devildawg said:

He dickwad troll! You follwing me over here?

So your ready to fully endorse little Smitty? I'd gladly pay you if the Dawgs can pull out the win on the smurf turf if you'd like to put your money where your mouth is?

The great thing about this board is I won't get the boot for calling you a fucktard....

I just assumed this was a gimmick account since you are such a clown and loyal KG supporter on dm.c.

If not then welcome, and LEAVE.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The fact we're playing at an ex-Little Sky program is borderline pathetic (I graduated, it's we're). Oh, did Safeway Stadium add more capacity? Is it 34,000 now? LOL

Also, it's never too early to troll their boreds. Watch the master Bill. ;) ($75,000)

It's smart. Actually "you" almost lost to a real Big Sky team twice this decade. At home. With more money.
    Yeah. Embarrassing