Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UNC-Duke in OT

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Great game. UNC blew a 10 point lead in the final 3 minutes. Right now it's 90-89 Duke, 1:41 left.

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It was a pleasure to watch that game. Great players, great drama, great crowd. Certainly makes me miss the UW games of 7 or 8 years ago where people feared walking into HecEd and we had a rocking arena.

I also loved how duke is kinda the whitest school out there, and yet all their players were pumping up the Fro' in serious fashion.

One other note. I wish UW would get their head out of their ass and re-up the GU series and put it at each school annually. These types of true venom rivalries are fantastic. A respectful hatred of each team, and everyone is jazzed and pumped up in the crowd.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We lost the war to Gonzaga.

More specifically, Romar lost the war to Few.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ducking Gonzaga has always been a bitch move.

As Sir Charles would say, Romar was too much Obama and not enough King Abdullah.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've watched Okafor a few times this year. He's a very good college player, but I'm not impressed for a #1 pick. He's skilled and great around the basket, but he lacks athleticism. The comparisons to Tim Duncan are valid. Okafor plays like a 38 year old Tim Duncan.

Solid player who will be able to score in the NBA, but that's it. Average or worse on defense and will struggle against quicker/athletic bigs. If he's ever going to be a franchise guy, he has to rebuild his body to become quicker.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    People watch college basketball?