Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Movie Review: Nightcrawler

DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Nightcrawler is the story of a werido misanthrope trying to google his way to becoming a bootstrap billionaire. In the process he becomes a freelance videographer, chasing accidents and crimes to sell to local TV news. He's as smart as he is indifferent to human suffering. Also, Dr. Molly Griswold and the Bill from Twister (not the Bill from Independence Day) are in it.

Gyllenhall's reclusive character is an idol for half the people on this bored, including yours truly. Good effort, good movie.

5 out of 5 plungers

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought it was pretty good. Not great. I would give it 3.5 or 4 plungers.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I give humanity at least another 30 years.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,106
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

Nightcrawler is the story of a werido misanthrope trying to google his way to becoming a bootstrap billionaire. In the process he becomes a freelance videographer, chasing accidents and crimes to sell to local TV news. He's as smart as he is indifferent to human suffering. Also, Dr. Molly Griswold and the Bill from Twister (not the Bill from Independence Day) are in it.

Does she even come close to her performance in The Thomas Crowne Affair? Top 5 sex scenes all time. Ridiculously hot.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2015

Dardanus said:

Does she even come close to her performance in The Thomas Crowne Affair? Top 5 sex scenes all time. Ridiculously hot.
    Unfortunately, no. She does a great job, and her role is more of an over-the-hill and experienced vixen than a smoking hot babe in her prime.

I forgot to mention that there are no boobs in the movie, which would normally lower my rating, but there is some great implied perversion so I let it slide. If it makes my two inches jump, the rating gets a bump.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How does this compare to the other X-Men movies?