Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Paging Tequila and other IMA legends

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    My athleticism is pretty shot, but I still have the white guy game and can shoot.

I'm on a rec team now. We lost by 25 this week to a bunch of community college players.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

For shits and giggles, it's funny as hell to play a zone defense in a pickup game ... you are almost guaranteed to absolutely destroy the other team if a) they are idiots and b) your team knows what they are doing.

Someone always seems to fuck it up. I'm more of a fan of full court pressing in a pick up game. All out hustle and shooting is lethal in the pick up setting.

Other than pressing, the way defensive strategy is to find the LeBron wannabe and let him jack up long twos and pull up jumpers.
    I can still ball, but I generally play against guys who are blacker more athletic than me and probably played some level of college ball.

I'm amazed how much outright hustle D gets people to tire themselves out dribbling for ten seconds and then jack up some baseline spin fade away Kobe 17 footer that clanks. Won a lot of battles i shouldn't have.

Almost got my ass beat a few times in some bad situations where "I was trying too hard" and if I didn't let the dude take an open shot I was going to have trouble in the parking lot.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,105
    Tequilla said:

For shits and giggles, it's funny as hell to play a zone defense in a pickup game ... you are almost guaranteed to absolutely destroy the other team if a) they are idiots and b) your team knows what they are doing.

You must be joking.

You even suggest that in any respectable game and your teammates will look at you like you are fucking insane.

You do that in the wrong gym and you might actually get shot.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I gave up on pick up gaymes in 1998...extremely fucking stupid..cherry pickers, no defense, ballhogs, guys who think they're Kobe because they're athletic..

I'm not going to lie. I suck. I probably couldn't have started on my high school's j.v. team (the varsity was winning state titles then though). I saw some high school kids playing about a year ago (insert creept TBS joke)...same things were happening.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

I gave up on pick up gaymes in 1998...extremely fucking stupid..cherry pickers, no defense, ballhogs, guys who think they're Kobe because they're athletic..

I'm not going to lie. I suck. I probably couldn't have started on my high school's j.v. team (the varsity was winning state titles then though). I saw some high school kids playing about a year ago (insert creept TBS joke)...same things were happening.

which high school did you go to?