Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After last nights zona game

A few things should be readily apparent to even the most outspoken romar supporter.

1) Bill walton is still entertaining and annoying all wrapped into one.

2) I get all the excuses people want to use, but look at the UW roster. AA has no reason to be playing starter minutes in the pac12. Kemp is a decent 4 but certainly shoudn't start. JJ wasn't good whether he's playing or not, so people really need to stop using that excuse. NWG is a solid player but watching him last night should open the eyes to all the NBA talk. We have zero bench b/c of wasted schollies on Gilex, Winters, Taylor(who left), darrin johnson, etc. This roster construction has one architect.

3) Anyone who follows college bball knows that in rare cases do freshman make major contributions to a team. It's very rare for a frosh to carry a team, let alone 4. And really, does it matter when the person running the ship is not a good game coach anyway?

4) Ben Howland was fired after 3 final fours. 3! He went to ncaa 7 out of 10 years, including his last year. If UW wants to get serious, go get him and see what he can do after UCLA. He may have had some hiccups toward the end, but it's time for him to come back and I would wager his recruiting ties in socal and history will get a lot of run. At least we know our team will play defense again.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2015
    voted down for suggesting howland - good coach but after the boringness of the last few years of romarball I can't get behind a coach that doesn't embrace the artistic style of the game
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

voted down for suggesting howland - good coach but after the boringness of the last few years of romarball I can't get behind a coach that doesn't embrace the artistic style of the game

Just fucking win
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Just fucking win
    If Howland can deliver the FF and a chance for a natty playing slug ball i'm all for it. Plus it's highly likely they finally reduce the men's shot clock to 30 or 24 seconds which will force to play faster.

It's amazing they haven't already done that. Men's Bball is the only form where it's that long. The ladies play with a 30 and everyone else in the world plays with 24.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Disagree slightly with 3 - If you're talking top 10 or even top 25 programs...freshmen do contribute much more than they did 20 or 30 years ago..if you're including all 300 some D1 programs, that trend is probably true

It's kind of a moot point. He needs to go. I was on the fence after the 2012 season. Now it's very apparent to most. Popular opinion has turned on him.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I agree howland probably isn't the #1 choice everyone would make. Someone posted nate in another thread and it made me spooge at the thought. Anyhow, i'm trying to take into consideration who actually may come coach here. Howland has enough history of winning, while also enough baggage that he may possible come to UW with his pac12 history. I agree, his brand can be boring, but has anyone bothered to watch the hemorrhage happening at UW the last 4 years?

As for the frosh comment. Frosh aren't dominate, they are role players except for a very small few. Maybe 10 in the country actually will be 1st team all conference. My point is that we may have one of them, but if you're counting on 4 to save a team next year you're bat shit crazy.

I'd love to see nate come back to ball. Add roy or conroy to your staff if either ever has interest in being in the coaching game, start molding them into the coach of the future. There is a real play for an AD with balls.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Howland? Jesus...I know he went to 3 Final Fours but I'm not watching games where my head coach burns all five of his timeouts in the first 3 minutes of a game.

I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyeballs.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We need a coach who teaches discipline. No crack dealing until after the season for one and dones.