Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Vernon Adams

Why is everyone sucking him off? Was it his heroic play at Husky Stadium?

He tore up D2 (ILTCID2)....so the fuck what?

Not impressed. DPOTD.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I agree sort of. He ripped a shitty OSU and shitty UW a new asshole so for some reason people think that he will automatically put up video game numbers in an entire D1 season.

I still think it was a great move by Oregon because why the fuck not? He fits the mold of the type of QB to fit Oregons system. It certainly doesn't hurt Oregon to bring in more competition at QB. Worst case scenario? He doesn't start... Doesn't really hurt them for at least trying.

I bet he does well at Oregon. He won't be Mariotta but he is probably an upgrade to anything they have waiting in the wings. It also gives them time to develop their supposedly stud QB who is coming in.

TLDR: LIPO
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Nice "bridge" QB for the Ducks. Smart move on their part and even the doogiest of dogs know it.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,342 Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Not impressed. DPOTD.

If you weren't impressed with Adams' play...your lack of football knowledge is shocking.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    It's a money move by oregon. Pretty gay rule that a D1-aa college grad QB can just transfer to any D1 school he wants to but fuck it... Work the system. Oregon obviously did by getting him. He had a great career schooling the big sky. Now he gets more exposure. I'm sure this has happened before and expect to see more of it until the NCAA pulls the plug.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    The fact VA doesn't show up in Eugene until mid June is kind of an issue in my opinion. A QB rolls off the street and in only two weeks of fall camp he's ready to replace Mariota? M'kay.

With that mediocre defense, 2 or 3 new OLs, and a QB learning on the job I don't see a top10 team there. There are going to be a lot of 9-3 teams in the Pac12 and Oregon looks like one of them.

Sorry if that hurts some butts around here. Just my two cents...
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

The fact VA doesn't show up in Eugene until mid June is kind of an issue in my opinion. A QB rolls off the street and in only two weeks of fall camp he's ready to replace Mariota? M'kay.

With that mediocre defense, 2 or 3 new OLs, and a QB learning on the job I don't see a top10 team there. There are going to be a lot of 9-3 teams in the Pac12 and Oregon looks like one of them.

Wow ...

collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/11/vernon-adams-former-coach-doesnt-want-him-working-out-at-ewu-before-oregon-transfer/

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Damn. Beau burrying helfrich in there
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    TommySQC said:

Not impressed. DPOTD.

FCS <> D2
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    LaZoris said:

It's a money move by oregon. Pretty gay rule that a D1-aa college grad QB can just transfer to any D1 school he wants to but fuck it... Work the system. Oregon obviously did by getting him. He had a great career schooling the big sky. Now he gets more exposure. I'm sure this has happened before and expect to see more of it until the NCAA pulls the plug.

Like Russel Wilson to Wiscey (ILTCWW)?

You are sure hip. Some of these assholes think FCS is the same thing as division II.
    As a refresher, and my last post for the next months. Why I bother, I don't know.

below the big time

FCS (like EWU)
    division II (like CWU)
    division III (like PLU)

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

You are sure hip. Some of these assholes think FCS is the same thing as division II.
    As a refresher, and my last post for the next months. Why I bother, I don't know.

below the big time

FCS (like EWU)
    division II (like CWU)
    division III (like PLU)

NOGAF.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LaZoris said:

Disagree.

If a kid has graduated in four years I have no problem with letting him transfer for his last season of eligibility. If an FCS kid is good enough that the FBS wants him, good for him.

I think the graduate transfer rule is the one thing the NCAA has gotten right in the last forever.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Hell, Bellevue HS would beat PLU!!11!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,301
    edited February 2015

The Cheney golds gym manager just got named oregon's QB coach but hasn't been hired yet. Rest assured he's got an Xbox and a copy of NCAA 15
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    LaZoris said:

It's the single best rule supporting high achieving players in the entire NCAA rule book.

Adams earned the right.
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724

Hell, Bellevue HS would beat PLU!!11!

Say it to @CheersWestDawg's face!
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    edited February 2015
    Russelll Wilson and I agree except we don't care about the FCS part..
    dnc said:

LaZoris said:

Disagree.

If a kid has graduated in four years I have no problem with letting him transfer for his last season of eligibility. If an FCS kid is good enough that the FBS wants him, good for him.

I think the graduate transfer rule is the one thing the NCAA has gotten right in the last forever.
    MisterEm said:

below the big time

FCS (like EWU)
    division II (like CWU)
    division III (like PLU)

NOGAF.
    It's because you don't know shit about college football.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

MisterEm said:

below the big time

FCS (like EWU)
    division II (like CWU)
    division III (like PLU)

NOGAF.
    It's because you don't know shit about college football.
    Hurtful.

#GoEags