Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question re: Tarkinian

Was he classy? Did he win the right way?

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    All week we've been hearing about classy Dean was and how it's just lip service for a lot of people about how good of a man they were after they pass even though it's not true, but for Dean he was that good.

This death by Tarkanian might be too soon for the media. It might be the greatest trolling effort of all time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

RIP to Jerry Tarkanian. Growing up, I loved watching his teams play. Jerry left a lasting impression on me and thousands of other kids about playing basketball the right way.

But more than that, he took edgy kids off the street and gave them a home in Las Vegas. It's evident how big of an influence he had when you hear guys like Stacy Augmon, Greg Anthony, and Grammamma speak about him.

We use the word legend too often, but in this case it's warrented. RIP Jerry.

Stacy Augmon had his choice narrowed down to UNLV and Washington. It killed me for years afterward to think of him in a Husky uniform. This was back when I cared about Husky basketball.