Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

KG on Joyner's recruitment

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    But a good coach takes their time to evaluate, not just be first to offer. We've seen too many qbs burn out by not having proper Evals for the next level. Eason very well could be great, but I'm happy with Pete taking his time and making sure kids are in the boat. He obviously recruits differently than most, and he makes sure a kid is all in for him and uw.

If Eason wants to go elsewhere, good for him. There are tons of great qbs on the board. It still ayers most how you develop, not just stars from kem and company
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Eason played for Lake Stevens right? Wesco is a shitty conference. Anyone could dominate that league. Washington State QBs that are rated high usually seem to not pan out or have an inconsistency at least.

Browning could suck too.... But he was Petes guy from the start. It's going to be hard to convince 2 top 10 QBs to sign in the same class.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Kim also said Malcolm Butler screwed up the Super Bowl because he let Kearse make a circus catch.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Eason played for Lake Stevens right? Wesco is a shitty conference. Anyone could dominate that league. Washington State QBs that are rated high usually seem to not pan out or have an inconsistency at least.

Browning could suck too.... But he was Petes guy from the start. It's going to be hard to convince 2 top 10 QBs to sign in the same class.

Most high school QB's end up being busts. I don't think Washington QB's are any different from other states. Only one QB plays and often guys at that position are multi year starters.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

I love Pete and I think his recruiting is very good and only going to get better, but I do think he flubbed it a bit with Eason. I love Eason and it's sad to me that he's the kind of weirdo that would commit to GA because that's an idiotic move for many reasons.

All that said, I think Pete probably should've offered a bit earlier... but it's not really that big a deal.

At this level, having Skinny vs. Fink is really not a huge difference in my book. The talent is there with both of them and it's just who develops into what that will tell the tale.

Also, supposedly Taylor Rapp and Isaiah Gilchrist are going to commit any day now.

Flubbed it because we need another qb in this class? Eason is better? Local is better? What specifically makes you believe Peterman flubbed Eason's recruiting?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Saying Petersen blew it with Joyner, after Joyner signed with UW is one of the dumbest things Kent has ever said.

Didn't he also say Baker would have flipped to UW from Oregon regardless of who was coach?

That to me is pretty FS ... even my dead grandma knows Peterman flipped him with substance.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    dnc said:

If Kim thinks CP fucked up AJ's recruitment and we STILL got him, how would he describe Sark's recruitment of Josh Garnett or Myles Jack?

There's no such thing as a fence anymore. With internet and social media kids aren't afraid to leave home for school these days. This is happening everywhere, there's nothing Sark can do about it. California kids are better than Washington kids anyway.

Garnett ruled out UW as have others specifically because Sark was coach at UW and there is no spinning that.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    That is all true about Eason and local recruiting... But I want to say this now about Isaac "Does He Even Play in Games for Bellevue, Because I watched Them Play Three Times Last Year And He Did Nothing" Garcia before anyone else....

We didn't want Isaac Garcia anyways.

I absolutely wanted Eason, and it is a loss on the recruiting front. Luckily it looks like we are going to get Matt Fink, so that helps a bit. But still a loss.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Kim really likes Sark and irrationally defends him. Kim dislikes Pete and irrationally criticizes him.

That's what it is.

However, @RoadDawg55 is right on with this. That's the size of it...

I respect Pete and his process and I honestly love Matt Fink, but it's a loss. He had 6 months to offer and he didn't. Then he offered after the kid committed to GA. That's a mistake.

I'm a big fan of Pete, but a spade is a spade.