Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP Dean Smith

As a kid growing up, watching his Carolina teams play left a lasting impression on myself and thousands of kids about the right way to play the game ...

By beyond that, his influence off the court on not only his players but in changing attitudes and perceptions by integrating the ACC will forever live on.

We use the term legendary too often, but it is fitting with him. Sad, sad news.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That post was Nebraska Fan-level classy
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Anyone up for a canned food drive on the UNC boreds? I think registering a bunch of Duke handles, going on about how K > Smith, the 4 corners was boring, Smith always choked in the F4, etc could get a lot of play right now.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Anyone up for a canned food drive on the UNC boreds? I think registering a bunch of Duke handles, going on about how K > Smith, the 4 corners was boring, Smith always choked in the F4, etc could get a lot of play right now.

I loved watching Marquette come back in the title game after Smith went into the 4 corners.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Don't forget the fraudulent academics that started under his watch.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

dnc said:

I loved watching Marquette come back in the title game after Smith went into the 4 corners.
    Marquette was the shit. Bo Ellis, Butch Lee, Jim Boylan, Jerome Whitehead, Ulice Payne, Bernard Toone. Pretty sure Rick Majerus was an assistant and crusty old Hank Raymond was too. Al McGuire. 'Nuff said (as we said back in the 70's).

Those guys were pimps. No, really...they were...see:

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Marquette was the shit. Bo Ellis, Butch Lee, Jim Boylan, Jerome Whitehead, Ulice Payne, Bernard Toone. Pretty sure Rick Majerus was an assistant and crusty old Hank Raymond was too. Al McGuire. 'Nuff said (as we said back in the 70's).

Where rape culture began.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Where rape culture began.

You have no idea how sexy the Marquette unis were.

Oregon way before Oregon.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

As a kid growing up, watching his Carolina teams play left a lasting impression on myself and thousands of kids about the right way to play the game ...

By beyond that, his influence off the court on not only his players but in changing attitudes and perceptions by integrating the ACC will forever live on.

I'm glad Dean Smith was such an influence on your IMA career.
    Go fuck yourself
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

I'm glad Dean Smith was such an influence on your IMA career.
    When it comes to influencing IMA basketball careers, Dean Smith has nothing on Jason Shelly.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm hearing there were a few scrums down at the IMA back then