Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have just have to say

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Pete is a total bad ass....I will say it, I love that guy. How he approaches the game, interacts with the crazy 12's and admits to mistakes such as Percy and the pass.

The guy is world class.

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2015
    Aren't you concerned Pete embarrassed this great city with that last play call?

Nvrmnd

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agreed with everything (unless youre saying lou was embarrassing??)
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sweet Lou, Don James, Lenny Wilkins, Pete Carroll ... I love those mother fuckers. I wouldn't suck their dick or anything ... but I love the bastards.

I also liked Ground Chuck ... didn't love him ... liked him.

Holmgren ... can diaff for all I care.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    topdawgnc said:

Sweet Lou, Don James, Lenny Wilkins, Pete Carroll ... I love those mother fuckers. I wouldn't suck their dick or anything ... but I love the bastards.

I also liked Ground Chuck ... didn't love him ... liked him.

Holmgren ... can diaff for all I care.

Did you know that Mike Holmgren coached Joe Montana?

Strange that he never brings that up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate Holmgren. He was an overrated coach who rode Favre and the worst division in the NFL to success. Green Bay in the mid 90's were like the Seahawks now. Ron Wolf the gm is going into the Hall of Fame for a reason. Any coach would have won there. Holmgren was a total dipshit when he ran the personnel side in Seattle and Cleveland.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is no way Green Bay should have lost that Super Bowl to Denver. It was a sloppy performance all the way.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I hate Holmgren. He was an overrated coach who rode Favre and the worst division in the NFL to success. Green Bay in the mid 90's were like the Seahawks now. Ron Wolf the gm is going into the Hall of Fame for a reason. Any coach would have won there. Holmgren was a total dipshit when he ran the personnel side in Seattle and Cleveland.

Dude took the Seahawks to the Super Bowel.

The fucking Seahawks.

I agree he's overrated as hell. But I can't hate the first coach that made that team matter in 20 years.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

If we are talking about greatest coaches can we refrain from including baseball "managers" who really don't do shit and have the least influence on outcomes compared to other sports.

Disagree ...

A good to great manager not only has a strong influence over the pitching aspect of the game, but also in terms of putting his players in the best possible position to be successful.

Further, baseball is an everyday sport for over 6 months where performance matters literally every single day. Having the pulse of your roster and knowing when to give guys a day off here and there as well as knowing when to go to the whip and when to just stay the course is a huge factor when considering a good or bad manager.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Ya Weedon, flat out embarrassing.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015

Mike Holmgren had two first round draft picks one year for Cleveland and took Trent Richardson and Bradon Weedon, nuff said.

Koren Robinson, Jerramy Stevens, Lamar King, Chris McIntosh, Marcus Tubbs. A bunch of bad 2nd and 3rd round picks too. He did draft Hutchinson, Alexander, and Trufant, but there was a reason he was fired as GM.

99-04 are Holmgren's drafts. They are pretty bad. Ruskell was even worse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks_draft_history
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015

Mike wouldn't have won that superbowl without 92 Reggie White either. Don't beleive Mike made it to Reggie's funeral. Class. Not even a Go Pack, Go!
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Mike Holmgren had two first round draft picks one year for Cleveland and took Trent Richardson and Bradon Weedon, nuff said.

Koren Robinson, Jerramy Stevens, Lamar King, Chris McIntosh, Marcus Tubbs. A bunch of bad 2nd and 3rd round picks too. He did draft Hutchinson, Alexander, and Trufant, but there was a reason he was fired as GM.

99-04 are Holmgren's drafts. They are pretty bad. Ruskell was even worse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks_draft_history
    I don't follow the Seahawks like I do My Huskies, My Bruins, and My LSU Tigers ...

However, I do recall there were a bunch of 12's who were pissed Holmgren didn't get the full control job here ... Seahawks went with Carroll and Schneider ... I think it worked out ok.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I turned to my wife and said we are lucky to have Carroll coaching here...

Seriously.