Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark

JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited February 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
8 wins every year with a Top 3 class every offseason is going to be fucking pure entertainment.

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They'll win more than 8, but they won't be a real player for a natty.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

They'll win more than 8, but they won't be a real player for a natty.

Wait...which natty are you talking about? Sark has a wide lead on the offseason natty. All he needs is the players sticking around, Ivan getting a hold of them and "the best summer ever"...in the bag.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,233
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Both Sark and Mora are going to underperform their talent - the status quo is tailor-made for teams from the North.

Like Winnipeg and Saskatchawan?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sark will win 10 every year.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Mosster47 said:

Sark will win 10 every year.

He will win 10 in a good year with natty type of talent.
    A ham sandwich could coach this talent to 11 wins every year, so I think sark has the occasional 10 win season in him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SC has been buoyed a bit by the easier OrSt/Wazzu pair and DavidShawFS coaching meltdowns the past two years. That ends this year, the former at least.

SC gets the harder Ore/UW pair the next two years, as well as Stanford, plus the pac12 south. To go along with ND and Alabama over the next two years. I don't see Sark winning 10 games in either of the next two seasons. If that happens I don't think he sees a 4th season.

It depends how long the leash is. As long as Haden is there, Sark will be the coach barring disaster. I do agree that this year could be a disaster. I think he can sacrifice Wilcox or whatever assistants to buy him another year if needed.

If he gets to year four and five, he will eventually win 10.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

SC has been buoyed a bit by the easier OrSt/Wazzu pair and DavidShawFS coaching meltdowns the past two years. That ends this year, the former at least.

SC gets the harder Ore/UW pair the next two years, as well as Stanford, plus the pac12 south. To go along with ND and Alabama over the next two years. I don't see Sark winning 10 games in either of the next two seasons. If that happens I don't think he sees a 4th season.

It depends how long the leash is. As long as Haden is there, Sark will be the coach barring disaster. I do agree that this year could be a disaster. I think he can sacrifice Wilcox or whatever assistants to buy him another year if needed.

If he gets to year four and five, he will eventually win 10.
    Well, they are entering the season with top 5 rankings. I think an 8 or 9 wins season would require that he beat UCLA and end the streak, maybe even ND as well. Even then...he'd still be out a lot of goodwill for failing to meet CFP level expectations.

And then he's entering year 3 with Max Browne making his first start against Alabama in Dallas. It actually could be setting up for Sark's coaching career to get KO'd in his triumphant return to Montlake in 2016. That would be a similiar situation to Kiffin getting stomped @ASU in 2013 and fired on the tarmac.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

AZDuck said:

Both Sark and Mora are going to underperform their talent - the status quo is tailor-made for teams from the North.

Like Winnipeg and Saskatchawan?
    I'm hearing Elsinore Tech is getting serious about football.
    Beauty hat trick against Czechoslovakia Rosie, sorry about that nervous breakdown eh?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Sark's TBS ratings include 2 highly rated QBs every year and ultimately one of them will LEAVE! or carry a clipbored, so really the mathletes calculating all these ratings should reduce Sark's rating by one 4-5* each NSD.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

Sark's TBS ratings include 2 highly rated QBs every year and ultimately one of them will LEAVE! or carry a clipbored, so really the mathletes calculating all these ratings should reduce Sark's rating by one 4-5* each NSD.

This I don't agree with. Two 4 star QB's is definitely better than one because it's a crapshoot anyway and it doubles your odds of finding one who's worth a damn.

If they should be downgraded it's because Sark's the one picking and developing those 4-5 star QB's. But getting multiple highly rated QB's in a class isn't necessarily a bad strategery IMO, especially when your eye for talent is as poor as Sloppy Seven's.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i see your point, and for the record, i don't follow TBS very much, but do most programs sign 2 of the top QBs in each class like Sark does?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

i see your point, and for the record, i don't follow TBS very much, but do most programs sign 2 of the top QBs in each class like Sark does?

No, though it does happen on occassion.

Sark doesn't really do it that often either. Here's his classes as head man:

UW
    09 (transition class), one QB, 3* Keith Price
    10, one QB, 4* (lol!) Big Sky
    11, one QB, 3* Derrick Brown (unless you want to count 2* Antavius Sims but IIRC he was not recruited here as a QB)
    12, two QB's, 4* Myley Cyrus, 4* Jeff Whitepowerquist
    13, one QB, 4* Blackpower Williams

USC
    14 (transition class), one QB, 3* Jalen only player to decommit from Peterman Greene
    15 two QB's, 4* Sam Darnold, 4* Ricky Town

So he's done it twice in seven years.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    With Sark & QBs - Reviews on Max Browne haven't been very good these days. Jalen Greeene I also hear has no chance at QB (I think Pete recruited him as a WR at BSU).

The first QB Sark picked up this year was ranked #1 nationally by Biggins over the summer, but his stock plummeted over the summer and, more importantly, his senior season. Which is probably why they took the 2nd guy, he can apparently play safety as well. Basically he's their mad swede, to the other guys Troy Williams.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Meek said:

No, though it does happen on occassion.

Sark doesn't really do it that often either. Here's his classes as head man:

UW
    09 (transition class), one QB, 3* Keith Price
    10, one QB, 4* (lol!) Big Sky
    11, one QB, 3* Derrick Brown (unless you want to count 2* Antavius Sims but IIRC he was not recruited here as a QB)
    12, two QB's, 4* Myley Cyrus, 4* Jeff Whitepowerquist
    13, one QB, 4* Blackpower Williams

USC
    14 (transition class), one QB, 3* Jalen only player to decommit from Peterman Greene
    15 two QB's, 4* Sam Darnold, 4* Ricky Town

So he's done it twice in seven years.
    IIRC, Keith Price committed to Try, and Sark honored it. Who knows if Sark would have picked him on his own.

• Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Sark is the true pimp everyone and their momma knew UW held him back true recruiting genuis