Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Has TBS Excitement Peaked?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Is it just me, or is excitement down for NSD? It seems to me that the mainstream media isn't covering quite as hard. A few years ago, ESPN and other media were all over it.

Comments

• AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm ready for the December early signing period. I'm excited for this solid class. A Handful of elite prospects, some good depth potential, and some high ceiling projects. If/when we start winning some sizzle will return. Who knows, maybe CW signs tomorrow?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think it has become so sickening people can't handle it anymore
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's just boring TV. Some 17 year old tells a camera he's #GetMoney, and most of the people that are die-hard cfb fans know 90%+ of the players their school brought in already.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm excited to see the classes that both Washington and TCU will put together for 2016 ... I think they both will be good (on paper).

The reason I take TBS with a grain of salt is that high school kids are big fish in a small pond for the most part. Nobody knows how they will react when they are surrounded by like talent. And for most players, they won't make a major impression on the program they choose for another 1-2 years after they arrive on campus at minimum.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    After the legitimate (football) drama of the Super Bowl, NSD seems silly and over-hyped.

Hey kid, develop into a Division I impact player and I'll do backflips. Until then, just sign the paper and get to work.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes, interest seems to have peaked a year or two ago.

It certainly has with Kim. He can't get excited about this guy http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/02/01/3616687_record-setting-high-school-qb.html?rh=1

..yet Nick Montana 'proved' Sark was doing it the right way... with sizzle.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Ever since Petersen was hired. Get used to it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Yeah, Sark looked to create buzz and tell kids not to announce until signing day. Peterson doesn't.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can't speak about up there, but down here in SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC cuntry it definitely has not. Multiple random fans of different schools who never brought up recruiting have brought up four star this and five star that recently. It's definitely still on the upswing down hurr.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Seriously, sark likely encouraged his recruits to go on other visits to party and enjoy the time fully expecting them to like his party the best. Sadly that approach rarely worked and we ended up holding the bag on multiple second and third place finishes for guys. But with Kem around, there was the sizzle of chasing that 5* hottie.

It's boring to regularly get kids to commit to a program. odd that it may translate to the field in attitude and work ethic.