Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UpshawFS

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why do I get the feeling that Romar is basically Ward Cleaver regarding this kind of shit? Like Mt. Zion Baptist, be back before midnight kind of social conservatism.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This sucks assburgers. Why was he booted from Fresno?

Anyone have an edumacated, yet highly speculative opinion?

Something about turning Romar's daughter into a roast beef shish kabob with his purple throbber.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why do I get the feeling that Romar is basically Ward Cleaver regarding this kind of shit? Like Mt. Zion Baptist, be back before midnight kind of social conservatism.

I think Romar is more serious about running a clean program than most, but we haven't seen many kids kicked out in his tenure, and it's not like he's recruiting cerebral, lunchpail, kind of guys you'd want to date your daughters. I don't think Romar's looking for reasons to toss great players off the team. I would guess he basically had no choice with Upshaw.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

I think Romar is more serious about running a clean program than most, but we haven't seen many kids kicked out in his tenure, and it's not like he's recruiting cerebral, lunchpail, kind of guys you'd want to date your daughters. I don't think Romar's looking for reasons to toss great players off the team. I would guess he basically had no choice with Upshaw.
    I'm not attacking your lifestyle choices, if you're concerned about that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I'm not attacking your lifestyle choices, if you're concerned about that.
    Didn't cross my mind, but thank you.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I highly doubt it was for weed. When I was in school, Bob and some of the other fellas would smoke weed before games. Had to have been something more.

I'm not sure about that. Other drugs are out of the system pretty quickly. To fail multiple drug tests, it's gotta be weed. I don't think he would get multiple chances with harder drugs.

I'm sure there are other guys on the team that smoke, but Upshaw probably has different rules which were put in place when he transferred.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I guess the moral of the story is always carry a bag of clean piss. You really think it's for smokin' doobies down on Montlake Cut?
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I want the time I spent reading that argument back!

You have to choose between that and the $15 Trillion that George Bush owes you.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

It seems like Romar has a pretty stable way to handle these situations. He gives the player multiple shots to succeed, and if the player doesn't not meed the standards he's booted. For me, I like how he structures it. It's totally up to the player to handle his own shit. If he chooses to drink/smoke/etc well that's his choice. Romar isn't going to be the guy running around and covering up players issues(this isn't oregon).

Upshaw isn't a college guy. Just go to the dleague and see if you can hang. Once there, tweed is less of an issue.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,944
    PurpleJ said:

This sucks assburgers. Why was he booted from Fresno?

Anyone have an edumacated, yet highly speculative opinion?

Something about turning Romar's daughter into a roast beef shish kabob with his purple throbber.
    No yanky my wanky. The Throbber want food.