Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bishop Sankey is a stud

Coogs DWHA

I honestly thought it would be next to impossible to replace Chris Polk but Sankey seems to be even better. My favorite RB since Corey Dillon probably.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think Polk was better but maybe it was the doog in me. Sankey had a fumble problem last year and Polk would catch passes all over the field.

Sankey is really good though. The gap between him and the back ups is significant.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Did Callier play last night?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yes. He came in for a short series. Made a decent pass-block and had a zero-yard gain on a dive play.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    MisterEm said:

Yes. He came in for a short series. Made a decent pass-block and had a zero-yard gain on a dive play.

Thanks. Rainier Ale kills my memory (I keep things classy)
  • Options

I think Polk was better but maybe it was the doog in me. Sankey had a fumble problem last year and Polk would catch passes all over the field.

Sankey is really good though. The gap between him and the back ups is significant.

Agree I'd take Polk slightly because of his pass catching ability. His last year at UW he was really good at catching the wheel route against a LB for a big play. Plus he was money in short yardage situations.

I do like Sankey a lot though. I love Sankey speed that he shows and the burst he has through the hole. I really think he'll play in the NFL.

I'm thankful for having 3 years of Polk and hopefully 3 years of Sankey after going a decade with average to bad RB's.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I loved Polk, but Sankey is a little quicker and just as hard to bring down. He's not as powerful as Polk, but he has a knack for always getting an extra yard or two at the end of his runs. He is a stud and will have a huge season, provided he keeps getting 25 carries each game and stays healthy.

"Shifty" is adjective that came to mind. He made a lot of people miss. I wonder if the game appears in slow motion to him?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

Hecka classy when you are sipping from the green tall boy from hell. I remember stealing those from the neighbor's fridge in junior high. One of them did me just right.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Hecka classy when you are sipping from the green tall boy from hell. I remember stealing those from the neighbor's fridge in junior high. One of them did me just right.

"Hecka classy" gets you a thumbs up.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sankey is probably a better runner. Polk was really good at receiving out of the backfield though
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    In the spirit of this thread, fuck you brendon bigelow. I though we'd miss you but turns out spokane actually had a good RB waiting to trade up to us.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    droggins said:

I loved Polk, but Sankey is a little quicker and just as hard to bring down. He's not as powerful as Polk, but he has a knack for always getting an extra yard or two at the end of his runs. He is a stud and will have a huge season, provided he keeps getting 25 carries each game and stays healthy.

"Shifty" is adjective that came to mind. He made a lot of people miss. I wonder if the game appears in slow motion to him?
    I agree with both of you, and it sure seems like the game has slowed down for him. He improved over the course of last season, showing improved balance, patience and decision making. He became one of the league's top RB's last year and looks better than ever this year.