Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

another potential SB ass kicking

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Everyone expects a close game, but good chance the hawks kick the shit out of Brady...

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't think its a good matchup for the Pats. They are not exactly a physical team. Their run D is suspect and we should be able to put pressure on Brady. Gronk will be a tough matchup and their special teams are better but other than that I don't see where they have an advantage. Blount had a huge game last year against the Colts then had 6 carries for 5 yards in the AFC championship. Watch some of the highlights and how pathetic the Colts D was.

Another thing to note is the Hawks #s are consistent on the road and at home while the Pats numbers are clearly worse on the road. Like the end of last season we started playing better on the road than at home. Teams who win a blowout in the CCG are 5-10 in the SB while teams with a chance to repeat are 8-3.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Teams with dominant O Lines give the Hawks fits. Their two toughest games were the Cowboys and the Packers part 2. Arguably two of the better lines down the stretch (Packers started out dreck but significantly improved throughout the season). Patriots O line is pretty average.

The Hawks have started honestly play better on the road than they do at home. I think they feel invincible at home because of the history and aren't as focused. Just a theory.

I don't see a repeat performance of the SB from last year because the Pats are a bit tougher than the pussy Broncos. I see a dominant TOP game from the Seahawks with a lot of long calculated drives and the final score being something like 23-13. Lynch gets Super Bowl MVP.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    All good posts, but I think it will depend on how truly healthy Sherman and Earl are.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I asked a beat writer how Earl's shoulder was and he said he'll be fine and ready to go.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you think the Seahawks blow out the Pats, you are a dumb fucking 12 slut with face paint and a tramp stamp.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I asked a beat writer how Earl's shoulder was and he said he'll be fine and ready to go.

You and Condotta, hanging out in the sauna?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    Swaye's Wigwam

You and Condotta, hanging out in the sauna?
    He was just passing along what he's hearing.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don't think they will blow out New England, Brady and Belicheck are 100x better than Peyton and John Fox. It's hard to see where they match up well with Seattle though. People are saying "oh watch out, deflate-gate is pissing them off! you don't want to see them when they are mad!". That's nice and all but they aren't nearly as talented or as physical as Seattle overall. Gronk is great but is extremely limited when you jam him at the line (which is exactly what Seattle did to Jimmy Graham twice last year). Green Bay is a better team and they needed Seattle turnover meltdown which they got, and still lost.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The Hooks aren't blowing the Patriots out. Bellicheck may or may not be a cheater but he's a fucking genius. He won't be caught off guard by Seattle's defensive speed like Denver was and he won't piss away the game with conservative calls like McCarthy did. He'll have a game plan to attack the middle of Seattle's defensive line and to go after Maxwell and Lane in the passing game. I won't be surprised if Brady doesn't throw at Sherman once.

The biggest questions will be can the Pats OL stifle the Seahawks pass rush like GB did (I don't think so), can Bellicheck gameplan Lynch out of the game (I do think so) and will Wilson be able to beat the Pats without Lynch. Really that last one is the most important question.

I see a fairly low scoring game but somebody on defense will make a play late (wild ass guess is Avril on a strip sack) and Wilson be clutch because that's all Wilson knows how to do.

Hawks 24-17
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I just want you to know... I care what you think
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Last year I was sure the Hawks would win, this year I see it closer.
    . Bellicheck is a master game planner. We won't score 30 or 40 points.
    . The Pats offense is already dink and dunk, which is what hooks defense tries to force other offenses into. It will not bother them to have to sustain long drives with runs and shitty passes to Cody Brunses.
    . Gronk. TE have consistently been one of the weak spot of our defense for 3 years.

I still think our defense gives us the edge. Pats OL can be suspect at times. Earl Thomas and Sherman will take whatever "medical treatment" they need to play.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Another potential factor will be Mebane's absence. His replacements have performed well, but they just aren't quite able to plug the middle like Mebane. With new england looking to pound it with blount, it will be important for our interior DLs to clog the middle, force double teams, and not let the pats' OLs get those next level blocks on our LBs.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Here's my prediction: Sea Hawks win rather easily, say 27-17.
  • Options
    SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 903
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm here so I won't get fined
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Passion said:

Another potential factor will be Mebane's absence. His replacements have performed well, but they just aren't quite able to plug the middle like Mebane. With new england looking to pound it with blount, it will be important for our interior DLs to clog the middle, force double teams, and not let the pats' OLs get those next level blocks on our LBs.

I'm not really worried about that. Carolina was looking to pound Jonathan Stewart, and Green Bay(with an OL that is far superior to NE's) was looking to pound Eddie Lacy, and look how those games turned out. Williams, McDaniel, and the rest of the DTs will need to play well, but it's not like they're being asked to play at a level they haven't already been playing at. The only thing that worries me about this game is if Thomas and/or Sherman are too hurt to be effective, but I don't think that's going to be an issue either. Maybe I'm just overconfident, but I think the Hawks win rather easily. Not as easy as last year because the Pats won't melt down like Denver did, but unless the Hawks implode like they did for 57 minutes last week, I don't see them losing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blount said the Hawk defense is no big deal
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    That Blount is a real cunt

I just hope we show up from the get go - please no heart attack specials
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This game is great. I like blount, browner, brady, all badass. Im hoping for a knock down dragout dog fight with kam laying the ko punch. The uglier the fucking better
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Blount said the Hawk defense is no big deal

Disagree. Seattle offense isn't elite but New England's defense is no joke.