Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla's Food Thoughts of the Day - Nachos

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Is this your new niche Tequilla? Stick to it as politics and football didnt bring much to the dinner table

Unlike a no trick pony like yourself ... I bring something to the table across a number of different platforms. I've got a number of sports dialed in. Easy for fucktards to remember the times I'm wrong and not about all the times that I'm right. I don't often talk about politics, but I'm fair and reasoned which is 81% better than anybody in DC (speaking of which, kudos to Obama for his 1-liner about winning both times and to Rand Paul for his response speech ... I thought that it was quite good). I'm an avid golfer that doesn't talk shit about people's handicaps (particularly if they are in single digits). And I enjoy creating food that appeals to the masses, particularly when it comes to tailgating.

Also unlike you, I'm a big fan of talking with the masses because there may be some people out there that have stories, ideas, and experiences that may be of benefit to me going forward and hopefully I have some that go in the other direction.

Who knows how much of a new shtick this will be for me, but it's definitely something that can keep some interest during the offseason as if there's one thing I've learned over time, it's that few people don't like eating good food. What better place to start that discussion than nachos? And, since I've heard from more than a few people that my nachos don't suck (in fact they are often in demand by my friends), I'm more than willing to talk about being a #nachosuperiorityguy.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I'm also a so-so steak cooker ... I don't cook it much. Above average when it comes to consuming and knowing what a good steak looks and tastes like.

When I BBQ, it's normally chicken.

My bread and butter specialty is cooking mexican food ... the 8 years in Texas paid off quite well in that regard.

I love me some Mexican. Basically raised on it here in California and I can't get enough. Burns more in the exit than the entry, but what are you going to do?
    I've never felt the burning with Mexican food if the food is done right ... only when it's crappy Mexican with too much artificial heat.
    I suffer from self inflicting pain. If it's not scorching I can't taste it. I've had some great food that tastes bland because of lack of heat. Best hot sauce is sriracha. Green tobasco is good when you want that vinegar high. Cholula is much greater than tapa tio.
    I love sirracha and use it in a wide variety of ways. Perhaps another item to add to the list of possible installments of Tequilla's food thoughts of the day (probably needs a better name than that).

I find that sirracha often is one of those that a little of it can go a long way.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    I'm quite enjoying Tequilla vs. Puppy. It's the least passive-aggressive thing on this website.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter
    Blackie said:

Chorizo > ground beef.
    Simple fact.

Shredded beef > Basque sheep intestine sausage.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited January 2015
    HFNY said:

^ I'll become a flaming doog for a day to attend this party.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Does anyone have a Green Egg? I haven't had mine all that long and have used it primarily salmon but want to branch out in 2015.
    edited January 2015

Is this your new niche Tequilla? Stick to it as politics and football didnt bring much to the dinner table

Agreed. He should even be granted his own forum for this. I'm willing to read his tl;dr poasts when it comes to food. When it comes to football, not so much.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    When do we get a food and drink bored?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Yes HHH isn't just about Husky Football, it's also a lifestyle for men of discerning taste.

When do we get a food and drink bored?

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Tequilla, when are you having a Hardcore Husky party...how about when it's time to celebrate our off-season natty?

Here's a pic from my party last year but it sounds like you are truly the BBQ and Nacho master:

Serious question, do you have a fetish for giraffes?

HFNY said:

Tequilla, when are you having a Hardcore Husky party...how about when it's time to celebrate our off-season natty?

Here's a pic from my party last year but it sounds like you are truly the BBQ and Nacho master:

Serious question, do you have a fetish for giraffes?
    Like any of them would even look in your direction...
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,313

Blackie said:

Chorizo > ground beef.
    Simple fact.

Shredded brisket > Basque sheep intestine sausage.

Simple fact
    Pulled pork is better for nachos IMHO.

Swap out the refried beans for whole black beans and ditch the sour cream for guacamole and we are in bidness.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter

Swap out the refried beans for whole black beans and ditch keep the sour cream for add guacamole and we are in bidness.

Abundance.

Swap out the refried beans for whole black beans and ditch keep the sour cream for add guacamole and we are in bidness.

Abundance.
    I'd usually agree, but with sour cream AND cheese, it's a dairy overdose waiting to happen. I'd rather use those calories on the beer that washes it all down.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Exactly dude - where the avocados? C'mon
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    HFNY said:

I'm 81% sure that that isn't appropriate grilling attire.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    cochinita pibil and chipotle crema make god tier nachos.

• BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    HFNY said:

Does anyone have a Green Egg? I haven't had mine all that long and have used it primarily salmon but want to branch out in 2015.

Yes.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Today I've learned that I shouldn't peruse Hardcore Husky after a bong rip.