Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big thing I noticed

2012:

Sankey
Kasen
ASJ

2013:

Sankey
Kasen
ASJ
Mickens
Ross
Washington
Perkins

How the offense was spread out last night was fun to watch. Last year pretty much all teams had to do was focus on those 3 guys.

Comments

• Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The one thing I noticed, and was not impressed with was: DLine continued to get crashed down and manhandled by the OL. The saving grace was the LB play. There were times that the DL was pushed off 3-6yds off the LOS.

If you have an inferior DL, and an outstanding LB corp, you crash down with your DL, and get under the OL. With this, create a pile and have your LB clean up within 1-2 Yds. of the LOS. Pretty simple.

Or IMO, we have very good CB's/S that can play tight man (which I didn't see much of last night). With this, blitz your LB's as your DL crashes down...again, simple.

Not sold on this team by any means. If, after the 5th/6th game, we're still playing this way, then I'll start to be sold. Until then........?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yep. The addition/development of weapons is making all the difference, in conjunction with actual pass protection.

Don't forget Kevin Smith. He'll be a bigger part of 2013 than Perkins will be, IMO.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Yep. The addition/development of weapons is making all the difference, in conjunction with actual pass protection.

Don't forget Kevin Smith. He'll be a bigger part of 2013 than Perkins will be, IMO.

Especially since Perkins likely played his last quality minutes of the season yesterday
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Perkins had one catch. Granted it was for a TD, but I doubt he plays much of a factor this season.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Especially since Perkins likely played his last quality minutes of the season yesterday
    nuff said