Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former UW Commit

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always feel bad for USC guys on the fringe like Johnson. I bet he was pushed out, but the problem is scholarships should be binding for 4 years.

Let's say you get into SC full ride, come to the conclusion you'll be a role player at best, enjoy the academic aspect/college life whatever, and then are asked to leave bc the coach wants his schollie back. Now you're on the hook for the 50k plus per if you want to stay, but have the skills to get a free ride elsewhere.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

I always feel bad for USC guys on the fringe like Johnson. I bet he was pushed out, but the problem is scholarships should be binding for 4 years.

Let's say you get into SC full ride, come to the conclusion you'll be a role player at best, enjoy the academic aspect/college life whatever, and then are asked to leave bc the coach wants his schollie back. Now you're on the hook for the 50k plus per if you want to stay, but have the skills to get a free ride elsewhere.

Or more appropriately could probably play at the PAC level for at least a third of the schools ...

Seven's churn through classes at USC will ultimately rival what Pepsi put together in the survey ... and THAT more than just about anything else will be the downfall of Seven at USC and why he'll fail to hit the high marks people project for him.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

But why is the NCAA cabal a terrible organization?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sucks that the kid made a dumb decision, but at least he has figured it out and is going to a JUCO before it's too late.

Wonder if we'll see that QB Greene do the same thing soon.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

This probably happens more in basketball than anything else. Remember when Hans Gasser was given the ultimatum walk-on or transfer? Lucky for him he was in-state and had parents willing to pay for his final year. Imagine if he was from a family at or below the poverty line with 2 years left to graduate, now he has to decide if he abandons ship or takes out 6 figs in loans to complete the dream.

The NCAA, as hurt and greedy as their image is, should give every signed athlete a minimum 4 years of scholarship money if they sign out of high school. As long as the player does their part it should be acknowledged, if he sucks then that's on the coach for taking him. If the coach wants to run him against his will, the school or NCAA should pick up the remaining tab as long as he's enrolled full time.

This would actually put a premium on coaches like Pete or Chip who evaluate and make an offer mean something vs. a guy like Sark who sprays offers around like Peter North.
    That's a pretty good example. Most of these kids don't have families that can afford 25k-50k per year, or the wherewithal to get someone to make an investment in their future, which the NCAA exploits. But keep telling everyone that's it's all about the edumacation.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Is there anything u scumbags won't blame Sark for?!
    Im renaming u moral victory university really pathetic how u take such great joy at anything that appears to make Sark look bad.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

This probably happens more in basketball than anything else. Remember when Hans Gasser was given the ultimatum walk-on or transfer? Lucky for him he was in-state and had parents willing to pay for his final year. Imagine if he was from a family at or below the poverty line with 2 years left to graduate, now he has to decide if he abandons ship or takes out 6 figs in loans to complete the dream.

The NCAA, as hurt and greedy as their image is, should give every signed athlete a minimum 4 years of scholarship money if they sign out of high school. As long as the player does their part it should be acknowledged, if he sucks then that's on the coach for taking him. If the coach wants to run him against his will, the school or NCAA should pick up the remaining tab as long as he's enrolled full time.

This would actually put a premium on coaches like Pete or Chip who evaluate and make an offer mean something vs. a guy like Sark who sprays offers around like Peter North.
    Please don't compare anything about Sark to a real hero. Peter North has skill and talent and ejaculated his way to the top of his field. Sark is the guy telling all his co stars he has cumshots bigger and longer than Peter North when he can't even get hard or barely sprays his co stars.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

beelzebub said:

Im renaming u moral victory university really pathetic how u take such great joy at anything that appears to make Sark look bad.

the irony...
    U really r stupid arent u, cougs dont bad mouth a coach who out performs the loser who follows him
    Hope that helps.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,567
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    beelzebub said:

dhdawg said:

beelzebub said:

the irony...
    U really r stupid arent u, cougs dont bad mouth a coach who out performs the loser who follows him
    Hope that helps.
    Why not? I'd be livid if I were a Coug after year 3. One of the problems with Leech and some of the hardcore cuogzz I know is that he's sucked, but still given them some of the wins they crave: @USC, Sark's meltdown, @OSU, nice comeback against Utah, etc.

His best season is still barely better than Doba's.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

This is coming within the next two years, maybe potentially for this upcoming season even.

The NCAA just had their first Power Five autonomy conference a few days ago, scholarships with a guarantee to not cut for athletic under-performance was passed in the meeting. It would not shock me if schools around the country were changing their scholarship offer philosophy, it's a pretty big deal.

Also passed was full cost of attendance covered in the scholarships, this is a big additional costs for a lot of schools and I am not sure how a school like WSU will pay for it, but oh well.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    beelzebub said:

Agree Beez. Sark just signed the best WR class in the country. Attrition like this has been happening at SC for decades. Rasheed's dumbass chose to go there, and he's choosing to leave
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I remember some doogs saying john ross greater than Marvin hall and Rasheed johnson greater than john ross. Guess not.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

I always feel bad for USC gu. Kids on the fringe like Johnson. I bet he was pushed out, but the problem is scholarships should be binding for 4 years.

Or more appropriately could probably play at the PAC level for at least a third of the schools ...

Seven's churn through classes at USC will ultimately rival what Pepsi put together in the survey ... and THAT more than just about anything else will be the downfall of Seven at USC and why he'll fail to hit the high marks people project for him.
    Tequilla, when you recruit #1 classes, which Sark will do yearly at SC, thats kind of the n a me of the game. Kids learn this quickly. No hard feelings. They see in practice every day that they arent good enough so they transfer, or stay in school with the new 4-year rule.

Why is Sark the bad guy? Should he give the kid the Rudy treatment and put him in on the last play of the 4th quarter? This is college football '15, and it happens at EVERY major school. Get off your 1969 flashback you old geeztard. Fuckall!