Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bumped into Potoae and McCoy on their visit...

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

In-N-Out > Dick's ;) Love ya buddies

That's what all Kalifornians say .. and hate to say it, but these days I agree. Had my first Dick's burger in the mid-late 60's and my last one a month or so ago. Back in the day there were other local burger joints that had similar burgers, Herfy's might have been the closest. Fast, cheap, and tasty, albeit unholy to your coronary arteries. Anyway, it seems to me that Dick's started slipping a bit when they brought in real cash registers, not that there should be any causation there :-) .. just an observation. Meanwhile, in-N-out seems to have remained more consistent, though they do make a different burger than Dick's, something more similar to Whataburger IMO. And I know, I'll save someone the poast and tell myself to take it to the right forum, burger superiority guy.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,561 Founders Club

Doogles said:

In-N-Out > Dick's ;) Love ya buddies

That's what all Kalifornians say .. and hate to say it, but these days I agree. Had my first Dick's burger in the mid-late 60's and my last one a month or so ago. Back in the day there were other local burger joints that had similar burgers, Herfy's might have been the closest. Fast, cheap, and tasty, albeit unholy to your coronary arteries. Anyway, it seems to me that Dick's started slipping a bit when they brought in real cash registers, not that there should be any causation there :-) .. just an observation. Meanwhile, in-N-out seems to have remained more consistent, though they do make a different burger than Dick's, something more similar to Whataburger IMO. And I know, I'll save someone the poast and tell myself to take it to the right forum, burger superiority guy.
    My favorite burger in Washington was the Boz burger from Burger express. Granted that's more of an ordeal than your regular burger, but man that thing is awesome.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015

In-n-Out is the most overrated burger chain I've ever been to. I've had it 4-5 times, and it's pretty good, but it's nothing special. I'd rather eat Dick's(innuendo intended).

agreed. Live in AZ, see in-n-out everywhere, but just want a dicks. I don't a fast food burger that tries to hard.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I like In-N-Out fine, but the hype is unwarranted.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam

This.

It's good, but because it's CA-exclusive (or was), it's all people from CA talk about.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972

This.

It's good, but because it was SoCal-exclusive (or was), it was all people from NorCal talked about.
    FTFY. Better than other burger places on road trips, but I still miss Kidd Valley.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited January 2015
    Yep. SoCal built it up to something incredible. It's only been North of Fresno since the late 90s. It's better than McDs or BK but it's not incredible by any means.

Whataburger in Texas puts them all to shame. That's a big freaking burger.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Red mill >>> Dick's, wif a bullet.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited January 2015
    Dick's is the place where the cool hang out, the rich like to play and the SWASS flaunt clout!

Also, "Whataburger"?!? Are you kidding me? Whataburger (or 'water burger' as people say in Tejas, ILTCIT, ITWILTD) is fine, but it's basically a good version of Burger King.

Also, the size of the burger should only matter if you're a South Sudanian refugee who has never seen modern food.

If you want more food, buy two!

I do.

Dick's Hamburger, Dick's Special, Fries, Large Coke. Suck it.

Dick's Rules.

Also, best line I've ever heard about Dick's:

Walking by a Dick's is like walking past a beautiful hooker on your way to work, you know you probably shouldn't right now, but you always want to anyway.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

Dick's is the place where the cool hang out, the rich like to play and the SWASS flaunt clout!

Also, "Whataburger"?!? Are you kidding me? Whataburger (or 'water burger' as people say in Tejas, ILTCIT, ITWILTD) is fine, but it's basically a good version of Burger King.

Also, the size of the burger should only matter if you're a South Sudanian refugee who has never seen modern food.

I do.

Dick's Rules.

Walking by a Dick's is like walking past a beautiful hooker on your way to work, you know you probably shouldn't right now, but you always want to anyway.

That really did make me laugh out loud. Happens nearly every time I'm on I-5 nearing the exit for 45th. The pull is strong, very strong.

BTW Dick's Deluxe > Dick's Special. I mean, why fuck around if you're already committed to future coronary bypass surgery? Their fries suck, though, IMO. I know a lot of people who love em, but I've never liked them, they can be greasy and soggy. I'd rather double down with a cheeseburger to chase the deluxe.

As for WhataBurger, it depends on where you get it and which burger you order. They are just okay in general in Florida, but one of the tastiest fast food burgers I've ever had was late night at a WhataBurger just outside of Corpus Christie. The half dozen or so IPA's I had before may have influenced my perception a bit, but that's not much different from the state I've been in for most of my late night trips to Dick's.

Someone in here mentioned Kidd Valley. I used to live within "walking distance" of the one on 25th. I haven't had a burger there in nearly 30 years, but I agree, they made/make? a great "fast food" burger.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited January 2015

I do.

Dick's Rules.

That really did make me laugh out loud. Happens nearly every time I'm on I-5 nearing the exit for 45th. The pull is strong, very strong.

BTW Dick's Deluxe > Dick's Special. I mean, why fuck around if you're already committed to future coronary bypass surgery? Their fries suck, though, IMO. I know a lot of people who love em, but I've never liked them, they can be greasy and soggy. I'd rather double down with a cheeseburger to chase the deluxe.

As for WhataBurger, it depends on where you get it and which burger you order. They are just okay in general in Florida, but one of the tastiest fast food burgers I've ever had was late night at a WhataBurger just outside of Corpus Christie. The half dozen or so IPA's I had before may have influenced my perception a bit, but that's not much different from the state I've been in for most of my late night trips to Dick's.

Someone in here mentioned Kidd Valley. I used to live within "walking distance" of the one on 25th. I haven't had a burger there in nearly 30 years, but I agree, they made/make? a great "fast food" burger.
    I hate cheese.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

The fuck are you doing at Dick's after a wedding reception?

You don't belong on this fucking bored if you don't know why ...

Wedding = Reception = Free Booze

Free Booze = Munchies

Munchies = Dick's

Are you sure Doogman isn't more your speed?
    YBE.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I'm in whataburger country and I dont get the hype, it seems more cultural (if you're born and raised in Texas you're partial to it).

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Whataburger > In-N-Out

I've lived in both TX and CA.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    @Southerndawg, Dick's fries are great dipped in tartar.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

@Southerndawg, Dick's fries are great dipped splooged in tartar.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    different class of burger all together but have any of you tried a burger at the Tipsy Cow yet?

http://www.tipsycowburgerbar.com/

Damn fine, but fancy, burger. Great beer selection.