Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wrong coach gets suspended

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's best that we teach the kids now that if you succeed in real life, you will be punished.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

foxnews.com/sports/2015/01/16/california-girls-high-school-basketball-coach-suspended-after-161-2-victory/?intcmp=latestnews

Move it to the girls basketball bored, which gets more hits than the baseball bored.

Summer needs more time to get its months in there.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The quotes from the losing coach:

"People shouldn't feel sorry for my team," Chung said. "They should feel sorry for his team, which isn't learning the game the right way."

''He's a great X's and O's coach," Chung said. "Ethically? Not so much. He knows what he did was wrong."

The losing coach needs to be taken behind the gym and put down.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

The quotes from the losing coach:

"People shouldn't feel sorry for my team," Chung said. "They should feel sorry for his team, which isn't learning the game the right way."

''He's a great X's and O's coach," Chung said. "Ethically? Not so much. He knows what he did was wrong."

The losing coach needs to be taken behind the gym and put down.

Really?

They're not learning it the right way?

Not to score and play defense?

Fuck this guy.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What a bunch of pussies.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Pressing once it's say, 70-2 seems excessive, but who the hell suspends coaches for winning by too much at the high school level? It's not t ball for first graders.

I was on the losing end of one of those gaymes once (it wasn't that bad). I ended up scoring most of the pts. and given my limited athletic prowess, that's scary. Anyway, I remember blaming our team, not the other coach...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What's the winning team supposed to do? Not take a shot? Start taking on bad habits defensively?

The 2nd and 3rd string kids still need to get their work and experience in.

If you can't find a way to score more than 1 point at halftime, then I suggest you either find another job because coaching isn't in your future or that you decide that putting a team out on the court isn't in your best interest.

I always laughed about this watching HS baseball as well ... what are kids supposed to do? Start swinging at balls if the pitchers can't get the ball over the plate?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's impressive they got the ball in the hoop 80 times. The Chung's warriors must have been throwing the ball directly to the other team for easy layups every single in bounds play. Female basketball is terrible.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

It's impressive they got the ball in the hoop 80 times. The Chung's warriors must have been throwing the ball directly to the other team for easy layups every single in bounds play. Female basketball is terrible.

Its not all bad

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I blame Title IX.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Prolly learned those in bounds plays at a Romar coaching clinic.