Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some thoughts from ESPN's end of year podcast

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I love Ivan Maisel, but he picks Oregon to be in next year's playoff. Talk about lazy logic.

Rece Davis predicts USC will make next year's playoff. No comment necessary.

Great Rece Davis quote: "Oregon is the Buffalo Bills of college football."

Comments

• Options
    NateDawgUSNateDawgUS Member Posts: 7
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hope to God that Oregon is the Buffalo Bills of college football because we'd get to look forward to a decade plus of irrelevance coming soon.
  • Options
    sjdsjd Member Posts: 270
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Well, they are employed by Disney.image
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    sjd said:

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Something like 23 of 25 Espn writers had SC in the playoffs. Only TQU and tOSU had more votes.

The hype and looming 7/8 win season will be the end of Sark.

I like Maisel, he does his work and knows his shit, but Oregon pick is crazy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Something like 23 of 25 Espn writers had SC in the playoffs. Only TQU and tOSU had more votes.

Not the end of him. It will have to happen two, maybe even three times before @PatHadenFS realizes he made a mistake. There will be all kinds of Sarkpologizing after next year's failure to meet expectations. Expect to hear a lot about the lingering affects of sanctions.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Oregon's replacing a QB.

The D-line might actually be better next year. Doubt we win 13 again but not sure who's going to beat the Ducks in the North or who will be better than Oregon in the South, for that matter.

Feels like 10-2 and another Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Seven will use the we're young logic
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I wonder if a 2 loss pac12 team will get the vote over a 1 loss ACC team next year. The ACC could be a dreckfest like the Big10 was this year. Ohio St needed a beatdown in the champ gm just to get the 4 seed. Will the Big12 have a championship game next year?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LaZoris said:

I wonder if a 2 loss pac12 team will get the vote over a 1 loss ACC team next year. The ACC could be a dreckfest like the Big10 was this year. Ohio St needed a beatdown in the champ gm just to get the 4 seed. Will the Big12 have a championship game next year?

The Big 12 won't have a championship game until they have at least 12 teams.

I could see a 2 loss Pac team leap frogging a 1 loss ACC team, depending on OOC accomplishments of those two teams, but then you've got to worry about a 2 loss SEC team beating out the 2 loss Pac team, etc.

If you want to make the playoffs, win the Pac and only lose one game at most. Otherwise it would take a whole lot of help to get in.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    sjd said:

Craves it, craves it, no
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Hopefully the epic Sark meltdown will take the edge off of yet another Husky shit season

This is what we have become

My early prediction is the PAC 12 champ having at least 2 losses and no playoff
    Agree Bannon.

I think the basement dwellers (Cal OSU and Colorado) all improve significantly while the top teams (ore LA schools, Az schools, Stanford) all stay flat or get a bit worse than last year. Recipe for parody. WSU will still be trampled on by all.

I could actually even see the Pac12 champ with 3 losses.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

LaZoris said:

The Big 12 won't have a championship game until they have at least 12 teams.

I could see a 2 loss Pac team leap frogging a 1 loss ACC team, depending on OOC accomplishments of those two teams, but then you've got to worry about a 2 loss SEC team beating out the 2 loss Pac team, etc.

If you want to make the playoffs, win the Pac and only lose one game at most. Otherwise it would take a whole lot of help to get in.
    Couple of things on the Big 12:

1) Would be amusing to watch the NCAA turn down a request for the conference championship game IF requested when the selection committee used the lack of title game as a basis for keeping them out.

2) With TCU most likely a sure fire Top 3 consensus team going into next year and Baylor not that far behind, would be hard to imagine that they will be kept out again next year - particularly if TCU does what they are capable of doing.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Some of you guys need to give Sark a break. He inherited a 0-12 team and went 9-4 last year.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Does UCLA take a step back, or do they have a qb that can step in for Hundley?
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

#Sonofacoach #HighfootballIQ #UCLA #UndefeatedASaStarter

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

#Sonofacoach #HighfootballIQ #UCLA #UndefeatedASaStarter

#InstantUpgrade
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    JERRY...JERRY....JERRY!!!!!