Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSU @ UW Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Romar is not a good corch, but he's > Kent

No. He's not
    Pac seasons: Romar 12+, Kent 13+
    Pac10/12 records: Romar 129-94, Kent 111-126
    NCAA records: Romar 8-7, Kent 6-6
    NCAA appearances: Romar 7 (6 from the Pac, 1 from his 6 years in a smaller conference), Kent 6 (5 from the Pac, 1 from his 6 years in a smaller conference)
    Pac championships: Romar 2, Kent 1
    Head to head wins: Romar 11, Kent 7
    Further NCAA tournament run: Romar S16, Kent E8
    Overall winning percentage: Romar in 592 career games .603, Kent in 593 career games .560
    Highest NCAA seeds defeated: Romar NM 3, Illinois 4 and Marquette 6; Kent Texas 6, UNLV 7, Wake Forest 7

Romar best Kent in 6 out of 7 categories. Romar's not a great coach. He's easily better than Ernesto.
    Talent matters. Romar had more to work with.

Kiffin went 10-2 in 2011. He wasn't a better coach than anyone with a worse record.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

dnc said:

No. He's not
    NCAA appearances: Romar 7 (6 from the Pac, 1 from his 6 years in a smaller conference), Kent 6 (5 from the Pac, 1 from his 6 years in a smaller conference)
    Overall winning percentage: Romar in 592 career games .603, Kent in 593 career games .560
    Highest NCAA seeds defeated: Romar NM 3, Illinois 4 and Marquette 6; Kent Texas 6, UNLV 7, Wake Forest 7

Romar best Kent in 6 out of 7 categories. Romar's not a great coach. He's easily better than Ernesto.

Kiffin went 10-2 in 2011. He wasn't a better coach than anyone with a worse record.
    The talent that he recruited
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015

dnc said:

dnc said:

No. He's not

Mike Riley > Pete Carroll
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2015
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

No. He's not

The talent that he recruited
    The talent that happened to be in Seattle at the time, you mean? Maybe he's a better recruiter than Ernie. Doesn't make him a better coach.

It's FS to claim that Romar having relatively the same amount of tournament appearences in the same amount of time, with slightly less tournament success and a 4% better winning percentage makes him a better coach, considering the players the two had.

Ernie had 4 nba first rounders. Jackson, Ridnour, Jones and Brooks. None who was more than a mediocre nba player.

Romar had Robinson, Roy, Wroten, Hawes, Pondexter, Ross, Wilcox all go in the first round. Most were/are quality starters even an All star. He also had Jones, Brockman and IT all make some noise in the NBA. If he didn't have a better record he wouldn't just be a worse coach, but lightyears worse. He should blow away Kent's numbers, but instead his numbers are just a bit better and the one that he's worse at is what most people consider the most important. How deep you go in the dance.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Blackie said:

WHEAT PANCAKES, BITCHES!

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Romar isn't getting fired.

HTH

Many on this board mix fantasy with reality.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    If it weren't for the fucking recruiting class next year, I'd tell Romar he needs to think about "retiring."

Romar's done some good things, but this team is fucked.

Fucked.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    MakaDawg said:

If it weren't for the fucking recruiting class next year, I'd tell Romar he needs to think about "retiring."

Fucked.

I agree about the recruiting class. But based on what he has done with the talent he's recruited?????

What about last years team? And the year before that? It has been an impressive 3 year run.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    MakaDawg said:

Fucked.

You deserve 0-30 or however many games the basketball team plays.

That's the logic that got us #Owen12.
  • Options

MakaDawg said:

Fucked.

You deserve 0-30 or however many games the basketball team plays.

That's the logic that got us #Owen12.
    No it isn't.

But I also admittedly have a different frame of mind when it comes to the basketball team.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

MakaDawg said:

Fucked.

I agree about the recruiting class. But based on what he has done with the talent he's recruited?????

What about last years team? And the year before that? It has been an impressive 3 year run.
    It's been a terrible 3 year run. I'd start trying to find a replacement. The "good things" I was referring to was the conference championships, sweet 16s, etc. But they weren't great things given the talent, I concur. Though I got to give him some credit for developing some of the talent.

The last three years have been a fucking regression in epic fashion.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    It's kinda awful to say but 4 years ago if uw loses to wazzu id be so much more pissed. I expected today and fully have come to expect nobody actually cares about the program anyhow when we're worried about winning nice guy titles and not games. The fans were an embarrassment tonight when the players needed energy and support. Guess we will lace em up next year when people expect a bunch of frosh to carry us. Good luck on that
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    how can we be expected to compete against a program built by ken sweatpants boner, he knows romars system
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I didn't watch one damn minute of the game, yet I feel like I didn't need to to know exactly how it went.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,028
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i literally give two shits about college basketball, let alone uw college "basketball."

but here i am poasting in a cbb thread.

fyfmfe.

thanks.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

you sure about that?
    yes

Compare any category you want: head to head record, conference record, overall record, ncaa tournament record, seeds beaten in the tournament, conference championships, etc.

Kent has lasted one round longer in the tourney. Romar has literally everything else, and most of them aren't that close.

Again, Romar's not a good coach. Kent's far worse. Regardless of what happens today.

*irregardless