Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    That would be a hell of a replacement for Boykin. I'd imagine Tequilla likes this.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    What happened to him, get hurt?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogles said:

After Game 1 this guy was supposed to win the Heisman. It's amazing how quick the tide can turn in football. From G.O.A.T. to goat.

SEC buttsniffers at ESPN overreacting to a win over South Carolina. I think Hill is good though. His back up was the #1 QB coming out of high school so he kind of got Wally Pipped.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Last transfer that we got from TAMU sat on the bench this year ... Boykin wasn't technically supposed to be the QB. But credit to him that he put in the work and outperformed to win the job.

I'm all for bringing in strong options to a roster (whether it is TCU or Washington). If you are the best player on the roster, then you play. If not, you don't.

TCU's first two years in the Big 12 were hindered by the lack of quality QB play. If you look positional group by positional group, TCU was actually plenty good enough to compete in the conference - part of the reason why I was very bullish on TCU before the season provided that they got QB play. I don't expect TCU to go backwards with their positional play going forward and if anything to start getting better talent, particularly defensively (for example, TCU is now winning recruiting battles against LSU, the major Texas schools, Oklahoma, etc. which was definitely not the case prior to joining the Big 12).

Hill clearly has shown that he has talent. He probably had a little too much success too early and combined with the atmosphere that is going on at TAMU with the QB position (see Manziel, Johnny), it's probably not unreasonable to think that all you have to do to be successful there is to show up and live the life. Hill got humbled quickly as a result and probably made a bit of an example of as Sumlin's probably tightening the ship a bit from what has been in place (a little dude brahy from what I understand). Having to transfer, sitting out a year, and being in a structured environment that Patterson has in place probably can't hurt the kid.

There's another thing that I think is worth talking about as a small aside on this and that was that TCU also had some problems a few years ago (http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/7577881/tcu-horned-frogs-football-players-arrested-drug-sweep - RIP Richard Durrett). As TCU got successful, the caliber of player (and person) that they were recruiting changed and it bit Patterson a bit in the ass. There was a shift in culture after this where Patterson really started to change the culture of the program - for those that don't recall, Casey Pachall had substance abuse issues (2012) and Patterson removed him from the team and put him in rehab - interesting Pachall article after he graduated that shows how much of a dumbass he was (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/former-horned-frog-qb-casey-pachall-rips-tcu-program/). Just another example of how if you have the right coach in place, they can get the program back on track in short order.

That's enough for the TL, DR obligatory abundance of Froooooging for the day.

TL, DR Version: TCU will beat the hell out of you, and you, and you, and you, you and you
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    tldr

Translation: Tikki's a Horny Frog Honk
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

He may have some issues with the sauce, he was passed out drunk in the streets a day before the Alabama game. They lost 59-0. He was suspended two games shortly thereafter. Never got the job back from true Frosh Kyle Allen.

All college kids have a rough night out, but the starting QB doing it before Alabama is w, jw.

If your QB is going to have a substance abuse problem, it better be with cocaine and not booze. Manziel won a Heisman on that shit.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Manziel probably needed a lot of blow for all of the Aggie ass he was pulling ... there's a reason they have aTm shirts down there that say "hump it."