Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Post signing chat to talk about all the guys we almost got?

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Don't speculate about our super secret chat room in the middle of the store. Do it again and you're gone.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I don't think winning 9 games in 2013 is enough for to sign a class as good as this class. The Huskies should have won 9 games in 2012. If you really think about it and if you could watch all the games in Sark's first year, 2009, the Huskies should have won 8 games in 2009. Except for a bad call by the refs that nulified Chris Polks TD against Norte Dame late in the 4th quarter, the Huskies would have won that game. And if the Huskies had not given up the long TD pass on the last play of the game against Arizona State, they probably would have won that game. And while I don't remember how the Huskies lost the UCLA game in 2009, I know they should have won that game. Hence, with a little more luck, Sark could have taken the Huskies from 0 wins in 2008 to 8 wins in 2009, in the regular season.

But in retrospect, thank God he did not do that. One might find this hard to believe, but I was actually glad the Huskies did not go to a bowl game in 2009. I feared everybody's expectations would have arisen too high and placed too much pressure on Sark to win too many games in the future. Do you think Husky fans and boosters and AD Scott Woodward would have been satisfied with 7-6 records the past 3 years if Sark had gone 8-4 and then won a bowl game to go 9-4 overall in his first year in 2009. Everybody knows the answer to that. 90% of the Huskies fan base would have been calling for Sark to be fired after the 2012 loss to Boise State.

Personally, I would be satisified if the Huskies win 8 games in 2013. But the clock is ticking. They have to get to the next level soon by winning 10 to 12 games in the next year or two or their recruiting won't get any better than this year which was a very good year and might not be as good as this year.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't think winning 9 games in 2013 is enough for to sign a class as good as this class. The Huskies should have won 9 games in 2012. If you really think about it and if you could watch all the games in Sark's first year, 2009, the Huskies should have won 8 games in 2009. Except for a bad call by the refs that nulified Chris Polks TD against Norte Dame late in the 4th quarter, the Huskies would have won that game. And if the Huskies had not given up the long TD pass on the last play of the game against Arizona State, they probably would have won that game. And while I don't remember how the Huskies lost the UCLA game in 2009, I know they should have won that game. Hence, with a little more luck, Sark could have taken the Huskies from 0 wins in 2008 to 8 wins in 2009, in the regular season.

But in retrospect, thank God he did not do that. One might find this hard to believe, but I was actually glad the Huskies did not go to a bowl game in 2009. I feared everybody's expectations would have arisen too high and placed too much pressure on Sark to win too many games in the future. Do you think Husky fans and boosters and AD Scott Woodward would have been satisfied with 7-6 records the past 3 years if Sark had gone 8-4 and then won a bowl game to go 9-4 overall in his first year in 2009. Everybody knows the answer to that. 90% of the Huskies fan base would have been calling for Sark to be fired after the 2012 loss to Boise State.

Personally, I would be satisified if the Huskies win 8 games in 2013. But the clock is ticking. They have to get to the next level soon by winning 10 to 12 games in the next year or two or their recruiting won't get any better than this year which was a very good year and might not be as good as this year.

Even your whooshing portrays you as a worthless cunt.

Just sayin'