Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Jameis Winston

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    yeah, from that view it looked he had all day and was under no duress at all.

wtf was I thinking.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

wtf was I thinking.

It's amazing how the play started with him surrounded by all those defenders one nanosecond after the ball was snapped.
  • Options

wtf was I thinking.

It's amazing how the play started with him surrounded by all those defenders one nanosecond after the ball was snapped.
    it's amazing that every fucking play in the history of the game starts like that ... even the ones with Steve Entenman roaming the d line.

it's called coverage and he had nowhere to go and had to start running for his fucking life. he was getting DP from the blind side and from right in front of him.

but keep on with your line of bullshit. it's giving me something to do.
  • Options

wtf was I thinking.

it's amazing that every fucking play in the history of the game starts like that ... even the ones with Steve Entenman roaming the d line.

it's called coverage and he had nowhere to go and had to start running for his fucking life. he was getting DP from the blind side and from right in front of him.

We agreed in the previous thread that it was a coverage sack. It took you a while to get there, but I commend you for figuring it out eventually.
  • Options

wtf was I thinking.

We agreed in the previous thread that it was a coverage sack. It took you a while to get there, but I commend you for figuring it out eventually.
    uh, this is like the 15th time you've changed the point of the argument to fit where you wind up as you blindly stumble around trying to make a fucking poont.

and that ORGINAL poont, which I've not lost sight of, is that the turnovers were FS and somehow gifted to the quacks by Squinty and company. all of them were forced, even the last one by the WR, who never really had it because Buckner tipped the ball at the line and fucked up the pass and made the kid have to make an awkward grab.

that play was a combination of coverage and and D line pressure. it's really simple.

it's the kind of play that you cite as great D when a team you like executes it.

this is just fucking stupid to even be arguing about.
  • Options

wtf was I thinking.

uh, this is like the 15th time you've changed the point of the argument to fit where you wind up as you blindly stumble around trying to make a fucking poont.

and that ORGINAL poont, which I've not lost sight of, is that the turnovers were FS and somehow gifted to the quacks by Squinty and company. all of them were forced, even the last one by the WR, who never really had it because Buckner tipped the ball at the line and fucked up the pass and made the kid have to make an awkward grab.

that play was a combination of coverage and and D line pressure. it's really simple.

it's the kind of play that you cite as great D when a team you like executes it.

That turnover was a combination of great coverage (as far as we could tell) and fucktarded quarterbacking.

Winston should have gotten rid of the ball or run long before the D-Line got to him.

You were close though. Solid B- analysis.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015

wtf was I thinking.

Oh, the irony....

I did get a chuckle out of the Buckner reference after Boobs highlighted your wandering "logic." Up vote for that!

Other than that... typical narcissistic blowhard rhetoric from the resident academis* superiority guy. :-*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    MisterEm said:

wtf was I thinking.

Oh, the irony....

I did get a chuckle out of the Buckner reference after Boobs highlighted your wandering "logic." Up vote for that!

Other than that... typical narcissistic blowhard rhetoric from the resident academis* superiority guy. :-*
    I think you need to look up the word irony.

other than that, I'm glad you took my advice and cleaned up your stinking twat.

and i still don't understand a fucking thing you say.

wander back further in the thread and try and keep up with the original point: that the turnovers were not just a matter of FSU "fucking up." if you do that, then the Buckner reference might not be that funny after all. well, it probably will because you're a fucking moron.

way to jump in a thread that's 12 pages long waiting for an opportunity to make a point.

why don't you man up and make your own arguments Sally?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

wtf was I thinking.

That turnover was a combination of great coverage (as far as we could tell) and fucktarded quarterbacking.

Winston should have gotten rid of the ball or run long before the D-Line got to him.

Hate to break it to you. It was a fairly important 4th and 5 and he was down 19 points heading into the 4th. I think any FSU fan wants him to take a shot there. You're acting like it was 1st and 10. In that circumstance, I'd completely see your point. I don't think throwing it out should have been the first option WHILE IN THE POCKET given the reality of his situation.

Of course, if he had had a crystal ball and known he was going to fall down, which was at least in part caused by the fact the he had a D lineman cutting off is route, hurrying him up, and forcing him to plant, and then said crystal ball also told him that he was going to drop the ball on his way down in a fit of desperation, then sure, he would have been better off throwing it away. but of course, nobody knows that sequence of events ahead of time.

Here's the really important part: as it was, if he had stood in the pocket and thrown it out of the end zone or to the sidelines, you and I both would be here saying what a dumbfuck he was because it was 4th and 5. he was trying to make a play, and Oregon's defense made him pay.

that's all I was really trying to say.

I think that gets me up to an A-.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

wtf was I thinking.

It was fourth and five. Not conducive to a throw OOB decision.
  • Options
    Canard said:

wtf was I thinking.

exactly.

But Mr. Em thinks it's ironic.
  • Options
    Canard said:

wtf was I thinking.

Right, on fourth down you have to either force the ball somewhere or decisively run with it.

Winston did neither, because his decision making sucks. This is not a new development.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

wtf was I thinking.

Sven and Race have had a rough week. Take it easy on them.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Canard said:

wtf was I thinking.

Right, on fourth down you have to either force the ball somewhere or decisively run with it.

Winston did neither, because his decision making sucks. This is not a new development.

So now a 29-1, Heisman winner, National Champion quarterback sucks at making decisions?

Puts your boots on boys, the shits starting to get deep.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Canard said:

wtf was I thinking.

So now a 29-1, Heisman winner, National Champion quarterback sucks at making decisions?

Puts your boots on boys, the shits starting to get deep.
    Hi, that was an obvious flame about his off field shenanigans.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Canard said:

wtf was I thinking.

Watching the game, I wasn't quite sure which comparison worked better for Jameis: Ryan Leaf 2: Electric Boogaloo or Jamarcus Russell 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

wtf was I thinking.

Hate to break it to you. It was a fairly important 4th and 5 and he was down 19 points heading into the 4th. I think any FSU fan wants him to take a shot there. You're acting like it was 1st and 10. In that circumstance, I'd completely see your point. I don't think throwing it out should have been the first option WHILE IN THE POCKET given the reality of his situation.

Of course, if he had had a crystal ball and known he was going to fall down, which was at least in part caused by the fact the he had a D lineman cutting off is route, hurrying him up, and forcing him to plant, and then said crystal ball also told him that he was going to drop the ball on his way down in a fit of desperation, then sure, he would have been better off throwing it away. but of course, nobody knows that sequence of events ahead of time.

Here's the really important part: as it was, if he had stood in the pocket and thrown it out of the end zone or to the sidelines, you and I both would be here saying what a dumbfuck he was because it was 4th and 5. he was trying to make a play, and Oregon's defense made him pay.

that's all I was really trying to say.

I think that gets me up to an A-.
    The seeds for this play were planted early in the game.

Oregon dominated the lines ... Winston had time early to throw the ball, but he panicked because he had been hurried all game.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

wtf was I thinking.

This. Just a moment before this play turned into a 3-ring circus, I actually said out loud to the TV, "Wow, look at the protection..."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    TTJ said:

wtf was I thinking.

This. Just a moment before this play turned into a 3-ring circus, I actually said out loud to the TV, "Wow, look at the protection..."
    eh. he had more time on several other plays.

his guys were covered (at least the announcers said so during the game and we couldn't see) and the pocket began to collapse.

I agree about one thing boobs: he's probably better off stepping forward, though we can't really know that either. But the spin move -twirling around 180 - unless you are very agile - Mike Vick agile - almost always leads to fail. it takes too long unless you're crazy quick on your feet and Winston is not crazy quick. so that spin around gives the D lineman another full step and your protection is now trying to guess which way you want to go and it quickly becomes a cluster fuck unless you can beat everyone one on one, and he can't.

BUT, the Oregon D line was collapsing on the back side and he had a guy running right into his face. If we can't see that after watching the replay 20 times then even I can't fucking helps us.

Bottom line, 4th and 5, throwing it away means we're here today saying he was FS and taking off was advisable but it's not like trying to scramble in the pocket to buy your receivers more time is a FS new idea. He made that decision (which 99 times out of 100 is better than chucking it into the stands on 4th and 5 deep in the other guys territory) and it blew up on him. That it blew up on him was due in large measure to what Oregon's D was doing on that play.

Again, if that's Steve Emtman rushing him into a giant fuck up and Andy Mason winds up with the ball and goes six we're all here talking about the great D line effort. Seriously, Oregon's D stepped up when they had to yesterday. Almost every one of those turnovers were forced, if not every one.