Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FLASHBACK: Scout ranks Sark's class higher than Oregon's @#10in the nation

This of course being the Oregon class playing IN THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS.

... and tLPT claim it was Sark's player development that makes him a premier coach.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Great link as always.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Kjram.com/tLPT
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sark's recruiting was always overated do to the fact we always had a lot of attrition and the classes were always big. That, coupled with the fact that the rankings weren't punished for being unbalanced, and you have inflated class rankings.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    And the fact that Sark had terrible attrition. I seriously think his recruiting research was from fagman.com. probably even used their videos and scouting report.

It's amazing the difference in listening to why kids chose UW under Sark (it's a cool day to be a Husky) and under Petersen (we are really impressed with coach Pete).

Not to mention Petersen is trying to fill gaps in recruiting, not just trying to up star rankings.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Scout always ranked Sark's classes much higher than the other TBS services because they grade more on #of commits rather than quality of players. Sark got free points for back-loading his classes with Atoe's and Pelleur's and Hindy's and because of the mass attrition he was always able to take 25+ players
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Scout always ranked Sark's classes much higher than the other TBS services because they grade more on #of commits rather than quality of players. Sark got free points for back-loading his classes with Atoe's and Pelleur's and Hindy's and because of the mass attrition he was always able to take 25+ players

Look at rivals compared to scout especially with husky recruits. Always higher on scout. I wondered if it's cause rivals being east coast and not knowing shit about the west coast. Or cause fagman pumps scout rankings for UW. My guess is both but I dont know much about rivals.