Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to AzDuck

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
What are you hearing regarding Jameis Winston? Could he get expelled before the game against the Ducks?

Comments

• Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Be best to ask Kim.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any more knee injuries?

Asking for a friend
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I know you're being sarkastic but I'm lying on a beach in the Caribbean not giving any fucks
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

I know you're being sarkastic but I'm lying on a beach in the Caribbean not giving any fucks

Fly south for the winter, smart.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Damn skippy, Puerto Rico is a very reasonable commute for this duck
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Is anyone getting fucked right in the pussy down there?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You leave Scottsdale for a third world country?

NYBE
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Sounds like you care.

Actions. Louder. than. Words.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

You leave Scottsdale for a third world country?

NYBE

The USA is a third world country?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:
    In the west, we question things. If we had a player with Winston's issues, we would have a large % of Duck fans questioning why this player remains on our team. It's the way we are and the way the education system works on the left coast. We question the legitimacy of our program and the coaches/players within. It plays out year-after-year on these boards.

But face it, Jameis would not have lasted long here. The coaches would have sent him packing a long time ago. His shtick is not welcome in the environment the UO staff is trying to develop. I think of Masoli, who did far less than the accusations against Winston. Fans questioned what was going on, the coaches questioned what was going on, and he was released from the program.

In the south and the SEC/FSU (might as well just lump them together), I think I can comfortably say it is a conservative area where football trumps all. It seems nobody questions the school or coaches. Have we had one comment from a Nole on here that might indicate there could be some problems or that they might not be the greatest college team of the past 50 years? No, it's a witch hunt and everybody is out to get them. I'd quote some of their players, but that stuff is really hard to read (and I mean that literally).

I hesitate to use the word brainwashed, as that is too extreme, but what education system produces a fanbase with the groupthink we are witnessing? Where the police department protects the program? I think that is pretty much a given. In Eugene, I think a lot feel the PD is a bit overbearing in their pursuit of what might not be considered PC.

We all know it. We come from different parts of the country. We're proud of what we feel is independent thinking and they seem to be proud of blindly following whatever Jimbo, FSU and the PD puts out. I know "blindly following" is incendiary, but in all honesty, that is the way it comes across to me.

Had to get it off my chest. I know I'm going to take some heat from both Noles and Ducks, but ever since this match-up was announced, I've felt this difference on how football, as well as life, is approached. It seems striking. One eDuck poster compared FSU fanbase to the LSU fanbase and I felt is was good comparison.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    duck fans at educk are mystified why Nole fans think FSU is going to win. Brainwashed. Must. Be.

Open Season is a laugh riot at the moment
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL. Anytime someone starts softening me up to the "it's good for the Pac if Oregon wins" line, I read shit like that and am reminded how much Quooks deserve 12-0 1.

How Dare the fan base of the defending champs, winners of 29 straight and holders of one of the most impressive streaks in sports (14 years in a row with a top 5 ranking), have confidence in their team. Guess what Bitch? Winston is going to play. And your right, they don't give a fuck about what you think his punishment should be, welcome to big-time football paddle-foot.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Doogles said:

LOL. Anytime someone starts softening me up to the "it's good for the Pac if Oregon wins" line, I read shit like that and am reminded how much Quooks deserve 12-0 1.

How Dare the fan base of the defending champs, winners of 29 straight and holders of one of the most impressive streaks in sports (14 years in a row with a top 5 ranking), have confidence in their team. Guess what Bitch? Winston is going to play. And your right, they don't give a fuck about what you think his punishment should be, welcome to big-time football paddle-foot.

It's good for the PAC if Oregon wins this game.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

I know...I'm going to regret this.

How so?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Fuck Oregon and the Pac.

Roll. Damn. Tide.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    SEC already won.