Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How many scholarships are left?

Let's assume that no one is greyshirting from our recruiting class at this time. With Bartlett committing, we have 21 for this recruiting cycle. Turner and Browning are coming in winter quarter and Manu is coming in spring quarter, so they'll count toward 2014's class. That leaves us with 18 for 2015, meaning we have spots for 7 more without needing to greyshirt kids.

The other limit is the 85 scholarships overall. If only the seniors from this graduate, we would be left with 66 scholarships, with room for 19 recruits. That puts us at 3 over the limit with Burleson coming off greyshirt. Of course, Shaq is likely to go pro, and there's bound to be some attrition in the offseason because there's always attrition in the offseason. However, if we sign the max of 25 recruits for 2015 and count the 4 other kids (Turner, Browning, Manu, Burleson) to 2014, then we'd be 9 over the limit (though down to 8 when Shaq declares for the draft).

I'm starting to think we'll be signing under the limit of 25, even if we do land some of the highly competitive targets like Warren or Hawkins. I'm not expecting a lot with recruiting class in the month of January, considering how full it is and how tight the 85 limit is overall, but you never know.

It'll be interesting to see how this class finishes. Or it won't be interesting. Either way, it'll be interesting.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There might be a greyshirt, Miles Rice, DE/TX from Texas (I think) that blew out his knee early in senior season.
  • HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Well one of Williams/Miles will transfer. Perhaps both if the staff thinks Browning/KJCS is the answer at QB next year. Brown is also probably gone. You always have 5-6 players quit football, transfer, medical retirement etc.

Thus far I really like the class. Wish we had some more OL/DT prospects...
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Well one of Williams/Miles will transfer. Perhaps both if the staff thinks Browning/KJCS is the answer at QB next year. Brown is also probably gone. You always have 5-6 players quit football, transfer, medical retirement etc.

They basically have 4 OL committed in this class (when counting Burleson) I think that is good.
  • HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

They basically have 4 OL committed in this class (when counting Burleson) I think that is good.
    Yeah I forgot he grey shirted. 4 OL is fine. Still would like another DT though we have some depth there.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,202
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Miles is not transferring dude.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    tLPT claims up to 4 guys will gray-shirt if the right 4 guys all commit to Washington.

Imagine that scenario for a second... what would that be... another 3 - 4*'s and a 5*??? With 4 PAC -12 scholarship caliber players grayshirting on top of that??? 29 guys with balance?... that all know how to count and spell and read? Without rap sheets?

... and tLPT will still say Pete can't recruit like Sark did.