Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steve Sarkisian on the 'science' of recruiting

2»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

chuck said:

“I don’t think it’s always about taking every five-star you can get your hands on,” Sarkisian said. “I think there’s something to be said about a two- or three-star who comes in with a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove as well.”

The fact that he actually uses the bolded terms above to describe players says all you need to know about Steve Sarkisian... My word.

It's funny how I, as a TBS follower, feel somehow guilty paying attention and referring to star rankings. This idiot frat boy doesn't even get it after all this time. He doesn't even think of or refer to them as people. He should at least know enough by now to pretend.
    Even tho star rankings and not always right, they are something to go by. It's similar concept to where a player is drafted in the NFL. Russell Wilson would have been a low ranked 4 star and Sherman would have been a low ranked 3 star. Yet on the field they played like 5 star Earl Thomas.

While some are bullshit, some are spot on. And regardless, over time with equal coaching, the 3.7 average star of USC is going to have more talent than the 3.2 average at UW.
    *Irregardless