Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Sark coached here in 2014...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
do Shelton and Kikaha make the same jump to stardom that they did under Petersen?

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No just no but HELL NO! .
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If Clinton can claim credit for the early 90s economy, Petersen gets the defense in 2014.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Good question. I think Kikaha might have had a chance. He had a good junior season logical to expect him to make somewhat of a jump being a season removed from two ACL tears. I know we like to bash Sark for his player development, but some guys did improve a lot their last season. The problem was many guys also got worse. Mason Foster was a star his senor year after being pretty good his junior year. Victor Aweiya had a really good senior season. Same for Kevin Smith.

For some reason, I don't think Shelton would have made the jump. Something changed with the new coaches. Also, the new coaches left him in on passing situations. Jeff Choate called it odd that the old staff took him out. Choate's reasoning was even though Shelton may not get that many sacks, he always takes up two blockers freeing up other guys.

Dont think Shelton would have made the jump? Shelton would have been a 350lb all american at any school in the country. Come on roaddung
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Good question. I think Kikaha might have had a chance. He had a good junior season logical to expect him to make somewhat of a jump being a season removed from two ACL tears. I know we like to bash Sark for his player development, but some guys did improve a lot their last season. The problem was many guys also got worse. Mason Foster was a star his senor year after being pretty good his junior year. Victor Aweiya had a really good senior season. Same for Kevin Smith.

For some reason, I don't think Shelton would have made the jump. Something changed with the new coaches. Also, the new coaches left him in on passing situations. Jeff Choate called it odd that the old staff took him out. Choate's reasoning was even though Shelton may not get that many sacks, he always takes up two blockers freeing up other guys.

Dont think Shelton would have made the jump? Shelton would have been a 350lb all american at any school in the country. Come on roaddung
    Road Dung….good one.

Can I call you Puppy Bung?
    Beauty chestbeater!
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    It all depends on if the kicker would have been clutch in getting practice reduced to one hour.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Every player spoke about the difference between kakiwatisaki and Wilcox.

What did they say was different? I don't recall any explicit comparisons between the 2 coaches.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't know how anyone could even venture a guess. I have no idea how Choate's coaching differs from Tosh's. I think the position tweak really put Kikaha in his more natural spot, but he was already third in the country in sacks last year, so it's not like this was his breakout season. I don't really see much difference between this year's team and the typical Sark team. We were again loaded with talent, our offensive line sucked, and we were undisciplined as usual, while leaving too many games on the table. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,026
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    no.

the team loses the hawaii game and season goes into a tailspin.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

no.

I think they would have beat Hawaii.

It's EWU who would have beat Sark.

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good question. I think Kikaha might have had a chance. He had a good junior season and it was logical to expect him to make somewhat of a jump being a season removed from two ACL tears. I know we like to bash Sark for his player development, but some guys did improve a lot their last season. The problem was many guys also got worse. Mason Foster was a star his senor year after being pretty good his junior year. Victor Aweiya had a really good senior season. Same for Kevin Smith.

Seemed like Shelton was generally in better physical shape too, not coming out of the game for air quite so often.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

no.

I think they would have beat Hawaii.

It's EWU who would have beat Sark.

I think Sark would have won both. The first two games were shitty because that was when the transition was being felt the most.

I also think Petersen and the coaches were testing the DB's against Eastern. Instead of letting them hide, they put them on an island to find out who could play. Kikaha also dropped into coverage a lot that game. When he blitzed, he was pretty disruptive. At that time, the coaches didn't know who their best CB's were. Sidney Jones was like third string.
  • Options
    LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited December 2014

do Shelton and Kikaha make the same jump to stardom that they did under Petersen?

I don't know....but Joey's on Lake Union would still be open with rampant genital crabs abound.