Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Arizona vs. BSU

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
My site has Arizona at -4. Does that mean that Arizona was very overrated going into the Pac-12 Championship game (beat Kal on a hail mary, should've lost to UW, looked terrible against Oregon in the rematch) or that CP left a very good team in BSU?

Or is it a combo of both?

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Boise is better than I'd like to admit. Much better than coach Chiklet's last season there.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Last year seemed to be more of the exception to Petersen's track record than the norm since CP hadn't lost more than 2 games in a season since 2007.

Plus their new coach (Bryan Harsin) was Petersen's former OC from 2006-2010 so Harsin was able to step back into the program and even coach guys again he had recruited when he was BSU's OC....nearly a seamless change compared to the one we had between Dude Brah and CP.
    EwaDawg said:

Boise is better than I'd like to admit. Much better than coach Chiklet's last season there.

FYFMFE

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Boise State will be the favorite when we play there next year.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Boise had a rash of injuries last year. Their QB was out for a good amount of the season and their DL was gutted last year too. Lost their best WR midway through, top two TE's missed time. It was pretty crazy.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

I don't think so....they lose their QB (I'm pretty sure) and Aziz N'Jaye will probably go pro.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    HFNY said:

My site has Arizona at -4. Does that mean that Arizona was very overrated going into the Pac-12 Championship game (beat Kal on a hail mary, should've lost to UW, looked terrible against Oregon in the rematch) or that CP left a very good team in BSU?

Where do you (or anyone) bet? Is it possible to do so in WA? I'm guessing you're in NY
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Really? As of now, I'd see it as a pick 'em considering they are losing their 2 year starting RS-SR QB, their best WR (Matt Miller, who has been injured the last 7 games in), RB stud Jay Ajayi may go pro (he's projected to be a 2nd to 4th round pick and is supposed to get his degree in May).

I know we lose a lot from our OL and front 7 but we return pretty much all of our skill guys, 3 year starter Dex Charles at LG, Coleman Shelton at OT (has started 7 games this year), and C/OG Tufunga got 4 starts when Charles went down.

On D, we'll obviously take a step back after losing Shelton, Kikaha, and Thompson but at least we have Qualls, Mathis, and Dissly waiting in the wings on the DL and Feeney, Littleton, and Lawyer are back at LB.

The biggest question may be if Jaylen Johnson will be the answer at Buck to replace Kikaha?

Our secondary will be good next year after this year's trial by fire. It actually may be very good if John Ross stays at DB, Jermaine Kelly bounces back from injury, and JC Zeke Turner provides some thump at SS.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Maybe I am just scarred from years of sucking on the road. Hopefully that is ancient history.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Really? As of now, I'd see it as a pick 'em considering they are losing their 2 year starting RS-SR QB, their best WR (Matt Miller, who has been injured the last 7 games in), RB stud Jay Ajayi may go pro (he's projected to be a 2nd to 4th round pick and is supposed to get his degree in May).

I know we lose a lot from our OL and front 7 but we return pretty much all of our skill guys, 3 year starter Dex Charles at LG, Coleman Shelton at OT (has started 7 games this year), and C/OG Tufunga got 4 starts when Charles went down.

On D, we'll obviously take a step back after losing Shelton, Kikaha, and Thompson but at least we have Qualls, Mathis, and Dissly waiting in the wings on the DL and Feeney, Littleton, and Lawyer are back at LB.

The biggest question may be if Jaylen Johnson will be the answer at Buck to replace Kikaha?

Our secondary will be good next year after this year's trial by fire. It actually may be very good if John Ross stays at DB, Jermaine Kelly bounces back from injury, and JC Zeke Turner provides some thump at SS.

I didn't realize the QB was a senior, so there's that.

Washington returns a mediocre QB and a turned-over front seven. Petersen and staff will be fully fired up for the game, but it's tough to believe that the UW players will be as excited as the BSU players. The game will get a lot of attention for the Petersen return, and will be the #2 Pac-12 game of the weekend behind ASU/TAMU. That's why I think BSU will be favored.

That could change on bowl performances. But I think BSU beating Arizona weighs more than Washington beating OkSt.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

The biggest question may be if Jaylen Johnson String! will be the answer at Buck to replace Kikaha?

And FTFY
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Maybe I am just scarred from years of sucking on the road. Hopefully that is ancient history.

Werd. There's going to be a lot working against us in that game. To show up and blast BSU would be very encouraging.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BSU returns every lineman, and everyone on defense except a partial SS(ioane). While their QB is a big part of their success, i'd take all my OL/DL and pretty much my entire defense back over UW losing 3(or 4) top round talents on defense and hoping our OL will come together around a marginal QB. We don't even know if our QB will be brand new too. Still time to tell whether miles keeps the job.

I expect a good game, but anyone thinking UW was going to waltz in and blow them out is foolish.

If you're looking at what the teams are on paper as of today, I think BSU will be favored and ranked in the top 25 next year to start the year. Especially if they beat zona as stupid as that sounds it does have a lasting effect on voters for the following preseason poll.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Was Anu Solomon hurt against ASU and then gutted it out in the Pac-12 championship game?

Arizona's D actually looked decent for the first 20-25 minutes against Oregon but the offense sucking so hard hung them out to dry and they couldn't sustain it. The fumble on the kickoff return didn't help either.

I definitely agree about UW beating OKie State meaning less if BSU beats Arizona.

HFNY said:

I didn't realize the QB was a senior, so there's that.

Washington returns a mediocre QB and a turned-over front seven. Petersen and staff will be fully fired up for the game, but it's tough to believe that the UW players will be as excited as the BSU players. The game will get a lot of attention for the Petersen return, and will be the #2 Pac-12 game of the weekend behind ASU/TAMU. That's why I think BSU will be favored.

That could change on bowl performances. But I think BSU beating Arizona weighs more than Washington beating OkSt.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I bet online and have for the last 15 years or so but I have friends in NYC and Seattle who use bookies.

HFNY said:

Where do you (or anyone) bet? Is it possible to do so in WA? I'm guessing you're in NY
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

I don't think so....they lose their QB (I'm pretty sure) and Aziz N'Jaye will probably go pro.
    Awesome'd for getting in Aziz N'Jaye

• Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Abundance?