Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mike Riley!! A great move for Nebraska. They are now in the Pac-13!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yeah, Riley struggled the last few years at Oregon State. But the fact that he set a standard that would make the last few seasons seem like a disappointment is an accomplishment.
    ANY "winning" at Oregon State is MAJOR.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014

Orgeron could have gotten a lot of quality kids to move from Cali to Nebraska.

And from the south/south east. He doesn't get near enough credit for re-tooling Ole Miss. His record there as head coach sucked, but he did a great job recruiting at a high level against the likes of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia.

I think @RoadDawg55‌ is right, Nebraska went for the anti-Pelini. Orgeron would have been a great hire IMO, but he wears his emotions on his sleeve, not quite the type I think they were shooting for.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Orgeron could have gotten a lot of quality kids to move from Cali to Nebraska.

And from the south/south east. He doesn't get near enough credit for re-tooling Ole Miss. His record there as head coach sucked, but he did a great job recruiting at a high level against the likes of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia.

I think @RoadDawg55‌ is right, Nebraska went for the anti-Pelini. Orgeron would have been a great hire IMO, but he wears his emotions on his sleeve, not quite the type I think they were shooting for.
    Ogeron is not a good coach. Ron zook could recruit too.