Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Arizona-Gonzaga

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Since the competitive football games don't begin for a bit, I'm skipping Alabama-Mizzou and watching basketball. Both teams look good. If Few can't make an elite 8 with this team, it may never happen. Tie game at half.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Very good game so far, great defense being played. The big Polish kid on Gonzaga has such great touch for a big man. He's an underrated passer too.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Not sure who I should cheer for, I like a lot of the players on Gonzaga and they have a lot of PNW kids. I hate Few though and UA winning is great for the conference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Very good game so far, great defense being played. The big Polish kid on Gonzaga has such great touch for a big man. He's an underrated passer too.

Sabonis the back up is even better. He got in foul trouble in the first half.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't realize he's Arvydas Sabonis' son. It makes sense he's so good now. How the fuck does Gonzaga get a foreigner like him?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Not sure who I should cheer for, I like a lot of the players on Gonzaga and they have a lot of PNW kids. I hate Few though and UA winning is great for the conference.

Same. I hate Gonzaga, but I do like some players on this year's team. I hated Turiaf, Stepp, Morrison, Haytvelt, Mallon, Bouldin. There were a lot of them. Arizona winning is best for UW though so I hope they win.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club

I didn't realize he's Arvydas Sabonis' son. It makes sense he's so good now. How the fuck does Gonzaga get a foreigner like him?

Yeah, Tommy Lloyd has tons of contacts in Europe. He also got Elias Harris to commit over Duke and others. Few also said he prefers recruiting overseas, less shadiness and backdealings with handlers.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    not impressed with sabonis this game at all, of course UA's run starts once gonzaga stops running the offense through the pole. and he isn't even in the game in overtime. dumb
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    Good win for Arizona and the pac-12.
    I watched Gonzaga vs SMU, they look really good. On the other hand Gonzaga's season never really starts until tournament time.
    Really looking forward to UW SDSU tomorrow
    I know this means nothing but UW is barely an underdog for tomorrow, which gives me some hope
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Zags Coug'ed the game ... plain and simple.

Few got outcoached big time to end both halves - and in particular the last 4 minutes of regulation and overtime.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Zags Coug'ed the game ... plain and simple.

Few got outcoached big time to end both halves - and in particular the last 4 minutes of regulation and overtime.

Which is kinda interesting considering sean isn't exactly captain x's and o's.

I do think few blew a big chance by not giving the ball to pangos at the end of regulation. I've never been a fan of running sets with 10-15 seconds left. If something goes wrong or the guy isn't open then you're left without a shot. I'm a huge believer in giving the rock to your best creator and live and die with their shot(yes, the whole time i'm posting this i'm thinking of IT step back jumper :):):):) )