Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like UW is Targeting JC DL

Glad to see them trying to get some JC d-lineman in here, we are going to need immediate help next year from a numbers standpoint.

Anthony Fotu seems to be very much interested. Visiting next weekend. Great offer list. And his highlights explain why, really like him and could use a big body like that next year.

hudl.com/athlete/944768/highlights/181339377

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I just see a good size/speed/power guy. We need a guy like Evan Hudson that can control the edge, he seems like he could at least do that for us and allow us not to have to rely on Dissly or McGary as young players. Plus it is good depth, we could be VERY young next year on the DL if we don't get some JC's.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Fotu reminds me a bit of Qualls in the athlectism.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I just see a good size/speed/power guy. We need a guy like Evan Hudson that can control the edge, he seems like he could at least do that for us and allow us not to have to rely on Dissly or McGary as young players. Plus it is good depth, we could be VERY young next year on the DL if we don't get some JC's.

Evan Hudson?!?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like evan hudson because he is not talia chritonontotn
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I like evan hudson because he is not talia chritonontotn

aka The Wrong Crichton
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Has anyone confirmed if McGary has moved to the OL? That would make sense as to why they are targeting a guy at E. Hudson's position. Tupou is the current back-up there but that's about it.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HFNY said:

Has anyone confirmed if McGary has moved to the OL? That would make sense as to why they are targeting a guy at E. Hudson's position. Tupou is the current back-up there but that's about it.

I heard it from a good source but there has been no confirmation.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That would be great and he gets 15 extra practices to work at OT before spring ball.

I hope we get Fotu...I'm not sure Tupou (or Turpin) are the full-time answers there.

HFNY said:

I heard it from a good source but there has been no confirmation.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

I saw a picture of one of the GA's that works with the DL posted and it was with all the DL, and in the picture was McGary... It was after the OSU game.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Well we'll figure it out eventually.

I love that the staff is now going after a JC Defensive End Jeremiah Mitchell. It sounds like he has a lot of versatility as a big guy who can also rush the passer.

HFNY said:

I saw a picture of one of the GA's that works with the DL posted and it was with all the DL, and in the picture was McGary... It was after the OSU game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Evan Hudson does his job, don't get the hate for him around here.

He's okay. I guess he does his job, but mediocre players also get us 5-4 and 4-5 records. Timu and Mickens are okay too, but I don't think we need to recruit more of them. We need guys better than Evan Hudson.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I like Evan Hudson, actually. It's just that he is totally mediocre. He's not 'bad', he is just the king of never making plays.

And on the rare occasion he enters the backfield, he appears either blind or like he is moving at speed and trajectory QBs can somehow immediately calculate to dodge him.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I like Evan Hudson, actually. It's just that he is totally mediocre. He's not 'bad', he is just the king of never making plays.

And on the rare occasion he enters the backfield, he appears either blind or like he is moving at speed and trajectory QBs can somehow immediately calculate to dodge him.

He needs to up his game to ludicrous speed to foil these tricky QB's.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

He's okay. I guess he does his job, but mediocre players also get us 5-4 and 4-5 records. Timu and Mickens are okay too, but I don't think we need to recruit more of them. We need guys better than Evan Hudson.
    Wait, what?

Evan Hudson was a stalwart on the best D-line in the conference -- maybe the country. He sure as hell is not the reason this team has a mediocre record.

He was also a walk-on. Cool story, though.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Wait, what?

Evan Hudson was a stalwart on the best D-line in the conference -- maybe the country. He sure as hell is not the reason this team has a mediocre record.

He was also a walk-on. Cool story, though.
    That's the point. We had a walk on starting for 2 years. He was not a difference maker.