Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where are we going "Bowling"??

Where do you all think we should go? What Bowl Game would you like to see us in?
Doesn't it SUCK that our beloved Rose Bowl has been hijacked??

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If I have read everything right the most likely is the Cactus Bowl. If Arizona wins we are for sure going to the Cactus Bowl, if Arizona loses but stays in the top 12 of the standings we are going to the Cactus Bowl. If they fall out we are likely looking at a random bowl in Texas.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Regardless of what bowl we go to we're going to play a team that we should blow off the field if we come prepared to play.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    From a recruiting standpoint, getting more exposure in Texas by playing a bowl game down there would do nothing but help the program, I would think.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

From a recruiting standpoint, getting more exposure in Texas by playing a bowl game down there would do nothing but help the program, I would think.

Not a bad point, especially because these coaches really know the recruiting landscape down there well.
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    To me it's not the location in so much as the tv visibility and quality of opponent. More recruits will watch the game on tv than attend the game itself - having a winning showing, in prime time against a high profile team would be the best case scenario.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    kh83 said:

To me it's not the location in so much as the tv visibility and quality of opponent. More recruits will watch the game on tv than attend the game itself - having a winning showing, in prime time against a high profile team would be the best case scenario.

The better showing from a TV perspective would be in Tempe.

With tonight's bowl rankings coming out, I'm all for the Dawgs being in Tempe. Would make a short drive for me for 2 days of football.
  • CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is the Holiday Bowl out of the question?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    LATimes is saying Holiday Bowl really wants SC and will take them over higher rated pac12 teams (UCLA and ASU). Trojans have apparently never played in that game. It's a shame because holiday bowl now brings in some trash team from the big10 (like Minnesota or Nebraska). I doubt even Sark could screw that game up.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we should go wherever we have the best chance to recruit and win (a/k/a if it's not the Rose Bowl, I don't really care). I would like to see us in the Rose Bowl. And it really sucks that the Rose Bowl has been hijacked.

We should just go back to bowl tie-ins with a +1. It was obvious then and it is now.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,383
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd recommend Tower Lanes off 6th Ave in Tacoma. They have a decent draft beer selection and the indoor miniature golf is pretty special as well. They do glow in the dark bowling and have discounts for group events.

As for real bowl games, I think we should either eliminate the playoff and go back to the way it used to be (no title game or bcs), or we should go full on with a 16 team playoff and no bowl games at all.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    All for bowls only, no BCS no playoffs
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    according to fleenor we are at risk of being shut out of bowls.....unless he saves the day by reaching out to all his connections to find us a spot. what a baller.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I'd recommend Tower Lanes off 6th Ave in Tacoma. They have a decent draft beer selection and the indoor miniature golf is pretty special as well. They do glow in the dark bowling and have discounts for group events.

As for real bowl games, I think we should either eliminate the playoff and go back to the way it used to be (no title game or bcs), or we should go full on with a 16 team playoff and no bowl games at all.

Informative post. Tower Lanes' mini golf sets it apart from the other bowling alleys in Tacoma. One small correction. Glow in the dark bowling is called Cosmic Bowling. At least that's what the kids call it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Back in the 90s, I played pool there at tower lanes. They had 4 pool tables that were all crooked. But were open 24/7. The beer was shitty tho and TVs suck.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I'd suggest Big Al's. More information at ILoveBiGals.com