Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Offering a LOT of 2016/2017 Players

Hell, they are even offering 2018 kids.

One of the things I was interested to see with this staff is how aggressive they would be with early offers. Especially after people like Kent Griswold at doogman said Petersen was meticulous with his offers. UW has been VERY aggressive with early offers and I am happy to see that. I think you won't see much staff turnover with Petersen here now and I am hopeful that a coach like Petersen building relationships with players for 3-4 years can pay huge dividends down the road since he seems to be a pretty genuine guy.

One of the other interesting notes is that during the season it seemed to me that the staff was more interested in bringing in 2016/2017 players for unofficial visits than having official visits from 2015 players. They had a lot of juniors and sophmores get up here for games during the season, I was very impressed by that.

So to those out there that still think Petersen is a lazy recruiter, I can't help you.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of the things I was interested to see with this staff is how aggressive they would be with early offers. Especially after people like Kent Griswold at doogman said Petersen was meticulous with his offers. UW has been VERY aggressive with early offers and I am happy to see that. I think you won't see much staff turnover with Petersen here now and I am hopeful that a coach like Petersen building relationships with players for 3-4 years can pay huge dividends down the road since he seems to be a pretty genuine guy.

??????????????????????????????????????????????

Wait, Kent said that?

How?

At Boise State, he was always early to offer kids and recruited them aggressively, so that way he had an upper-hand before the other Pac-12/Big-12 schools offered.

One of the other interesting notes is that during the season it seemed to me that the staff was more interested in bringing in 2016/2017 players for unofficial visits than having official visits from 2015 players. They had a lot of juniors and sophmores get up here for games during the season, I was very impressed by that.

So to those out there that still think Petersen is a lazy recruiter, I can't help you.

Sark put an emphasis on bringing in the current year's recruits to Husky Stadium during games to see the crowd, the game day experience, and all that. Petersen's philosophy is for his recruits to come in December or January, closer to signing day, and spending more time with the recruits, rather than having them sit in the stands for 5 hours while Sark goes through pre-game, the game, and post-game with the team.

This is just classic confirmation bias, but I agree with Petersen's methods more since the visits are more directed at the recruits, there is more time for the kids to be with the coaches and Petersen, and the visits are closer to signing day which is when most of the decommits and flips and shit happen. FWIW, have we had any decommits this year? Compare that to 2013 with the St. Tosh Day Massacre which one year later is:

Andrew Basham didn't qualify
    Lavon Coleman still on team
    Daeshon Hall decommitted
    Rasheed Johnson decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Elijah Qualls still on team
    Demorea Stringfellow transferred
    Caleb Tucker decommitted

Sark has had more decommits from that one day than Petersen in one year. Wow.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

??????????????????????????????????????????????

Wait, Kent said that?

How?

At Boise State, he was always early to offer kids and recruited them aggressively, so that way he had an upper-hand before the other Pac-12/Big-12 schools offered.

Sark put an emphasis on bringing in the current year's recruits to Husky Stadium during games to see the crowd, the game day experience, and all that. Petersen's philosophy is for his recruits to come in December or January, closer to signing day, and spending more time with the recruits, rather than having them sit in the stands for 5 hours while Sark goes through pre-game, the game, and post-game with the team.

This is just classic confirmation bias, but I agree with Petersen's methods more since the visits are more directed at the recruits, there is more time for the kids to be with the coaches and Petersen, and the visits are closer to signing day which is when most of the decommits and flips and shit happen. FWIW, have we had any decommits this year? Compare that to 2013 with the St. Tosh Day Massacre which one year later is:

Andrew Basham didn't qualify
    Lavon Coleman still on team
    Daeshon Hall decommitted
    Rasheed Johnson decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Elijah Qualls still on team
    Demorea Stringfellow transferred
    Caleb Tucker decommitted

Sark has had more decommits from that one day than Petersen in one year. Wow.
    Part of that is Petersen's discussion with the commits. He stresses that this is a big deal and tells them not to take visits to other schools after they commit.

Where sark just wanted the bang and press so he'd have people commit just commit. Then the stupid "let's have 5 kids commit the same day" tactic he would do.