Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just Curious Duck Fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

One thing that is worth pointing out on both Baylor and TCU is that both played Baylor.

I think that there's an interesting distinction here though:

TCU plays Baylor every year - they are long standing rivals in the Metroplex and the scheduling of that game has little to do with padding your schedule with an easy win from a TCU perspective. That game gets played regardless of how good/bad TCU or SMU is.

In contrast, SMU and Baylor while being old SWC rivals, are not yearly rivals. Scheduling SMU for Baylor is a conscious decision where they are using Baylor as part of their C, C, F OOC scheduling.

Just food for thought.

What you posted makes absolutely zero sense. I think I get what you mean, but I think you put teams in the wrong spot.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Updated - I meant the game against SMU.
  • Options
    At least TCU also schedule Minnesota. Baylor went out of their way to schedule a shit OOC. They need to be penalized for it. This makes me also second guess having more than a four team playoff. Because if they increase the number, I think bullshit OOC schedules like this will become the norm.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

At least TCU also schedule Minnesota. Baylor went out of their way to schedule a shit OOC. They need to be penalized for it. This makes me also second guess having more than a four team playoff. Because if they increase the number, I think bullshit OOC schedules like this will become the norm.

I agree with that - you want to make sure that the regular season stays special. I would be against anything that expands the playoff to more than 6 (5 conference winners + 1 at-large).

TCU plays at Minnesota next year, then has home/home on the books with Arkansas, Ohio St, and Cal in the next 7 years. So at minimum, they're going to play 10 strong games each year.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

I agree with that - you want to make sure that the regular season stays special. I would be against anything that expands the playoff to more than 6 (5 conference winners + 1 at-large).

TCU plays at Minnesota next year, then has home/home on the books with Arkansas, Ohio St, and Cal in the next 7 years. So at minimum, they're going to play 10 strong games each year.
    I don't like conference champs getting auto bids. Look back to 2011. What if UCLA had beaten Oregon. Would you want a 7-6 team in the playoff?
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2014

Tequilla said:

I don't like conference champs getting auto bids. Look back to 2011. What if UCLA had beaten Oregon. Would you want a 7-6 team in the playoff?
    If they win their conference, and are the #8 seed on the road at #1 for the quarterfinals, then why not? 3 at-large teams that didn't win conference titles would also be eligible. In terms of 2011, Oregon very well could have got in at 11-2. If not, don't lose games to 6-6 teams.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregonblitzkrieg pumping up Michigan State thinks this win over Minnesota is way over blown

If only TCU and Baylor had played each other

Ohio State beat Minnesota too!!!!## And Michigan State!
  • Options
    Baylor shouldn't make the playoffs purely by principle. Any team that schedules that shitty of an OOC and has a loss should never be in the top 4
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregonblitzkrieg pumping up Michigan State thinks this win over Minnesota is way over blown

If only TCU and Baylor had played each other

Ohio State beat Minnesota too!!!!## And Michigan State!

Agree. It was a home win over Minnestota. Big deal.