Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW in the Top 25

2»

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    every organization in sports uses "tickets out" for attendance now because that number is always greater which helps with sponsorships/donors/media and other such benefits. Tickets out = sold, donated, built into corporate partnerships, in any way distributed.

No one is actually counting true butts in seats as attendance anymore, even though with ticket scanners it's actually much faster and easier than ever before.

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Even if we sold out every game we would only move up three spots. What max capacity now, 72K?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

MisterEm said:

I call bullshit.

The stadium was barely a shadow of its former self this year.

This. I only went to 2 games this year. I just didnt feel the need to be in the stadium. My chair and tv worked just fine for the rest of them.
    Watching at home is cheaper and the beer is colder.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

MisterEm said:

I call bullshit.

This. I only went to 2 games this year. I just didnt feel the need to be in the stadium. My chair and tv worked just fine for the rest of them.
    Yeah but still....

Colder beer isn't necessarily better. Many beers are best served at room temperature or just above the fridge temp. In fact, many watered down American style beers are only served cold to help mask the less than desirable taste. Simple fact.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

poolboy wanting to lower seating capacity for the renovated Husky Stadium to "make the tickets more desirable by limiting their availability" is doogman.com like math.

Ahhh good times. Brings me back to the great >70k <70k capacity debate that raged on doogman during stadium construction.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

BayDawg said:

MisterEm said:

I call bullshit.

Yeah but still....

Colder beer isn't necessarily better. Many beers are best served at room temperature or just above the fridge temp. In fact, many watered down American style beers are only served cold to help mask the less than desirable taste. Simple fact.
    Can confirm.

Cask conditioned beers served at room temperature actually increase the flavor profile of some beers.

#BeerSuperiorityGuy
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

BayDawg said:

MisterEm said:

I call bullshit.

Yeah but still....

Sven? true?
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    In the state of Alabama, they turn out damn near 200,000 per home game, between Auburn and Alabama. Add in those tied to the TV, and it sounds like most of the state shuts down on Saturday during the football season.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Vegasdawg said:

In the state of Alabama, they turn out damn near 200,000 per home game, between Auburn and Alabama. Add in those tied to the TV, and it sounds like most of the state shuts down on Saturday during the football season.

I'm hearing that Alabama doesn't have a real pro team.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

Vegasdawg said:

Really? The coaches and players are paid like professionals.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I'm hearing that living in Alabama sucks
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Vegasdawg said:

Really? The coaches and players are paid like professionals.
    Should I have put scare quotes around 'real'?