Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

[TBS] New commit JaQuori McLaughlin

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskymensbasketball/2014/11/29/jaquori-mclaughlin-picks-washington/

A few weeks after signing one of the highest ranked classes in school history, the Washington men’s basketball team got an early start on assembling the 2016 group.

The recent upswing in recruiting continued after the Huskies secured a verbal commitment Saturday from Peninsula High star JaQuori McLaughlin, who is rated the top junior prospect in the state by ESPN.com.

“I’m doing it now because this is what I really want,” he said. “I want to be in Washington where my family is. I built a great relationship with coach (Lorenzo) Romar. He’s the whole reason why I want to go to Washington.”

The 6-3, 170-pound point guard from Gig Harbor averaged 19.6 points, 3.3 assists and 4.1 steals as a sophomore. He’s considered a four-star prospect by ESPN, Scout and Rivals.

Here’s a link to video highlights from his 2013-14 season.

McLaughlin picked UW over Arizona and Washington State.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Did the 5 star 2016 PG already decommit?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He’s the second 2016 prospect to verbally commit to Washington following Jermaine Haley, a 6-7 four-star guard from Burnaby, British Columbia, who decommitted from UW in July.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

He’s the second 2016 prospect to verbally commit to Washington following Jermaine Haley, a 6-7 four-star guard from Burnaby, British Columbia, who decommitted from UW in July.

Well damn. Haley was supposed to be nasty. I wonder if his decommitment had anything to do with Etienne leaving?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    According to everybody Haley was a fucking moron that failed out of one of those "do your worksheet" basketball prep schools (apparently thats possible)and will probably be going to Europe instead of college, which is actually kind of smart.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447

According to everybody only the guys at Dawgman Haley was a fucking moron idiot that failed out of one of those "do your worksheet" "burn your bridges" basketball prep schools teen boy 7on7 circuits (apparently thats possible)and will probably be going to Europe Oregon UCLA we have no fucking clue instead of college, which is actually kind of smart.

FTFY