Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskie Stadium Details

http://seattletimes.com/html/specialreportspages/2021660818_huskystadium25xml.html

Finally all our Q's are A'd with detail and graphics when necessary. Stadium history and capacity at each phase, legroom increased, number of toilets, feet from the field at various locations, cubic meters of cement, huskietron size, yada yada yada.

BUT those of you who wanted to know the capacity, you are what's wrong with america and can DIAF because they aint going to tell you.

As pool boy states "Mission Accomplished"

PS- I like to be $30M (12%) over budget on a project i've been planning for the last decade.

Jokes aside, I'm excited for the stadium, no matter how much the media tries to suck the excitement out of me.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I'm excited to see the new stadium, but I don't understand why so many people care about every single detail. I don't give a fuck about whether its capicity is 69,000 or 71,000. I don't give a fuck about the bathrooms. I don't give a fuck about how much cement was used.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    agreed, but its the expected media/marketing buzz stuff. Still dont understand what the fuck was so controversial about the capacity that they never released it.

another interesting item from the article, the visitors will enter from the east endzone area and therefore the tunnel will not be shared. The article cites Lambo as happy that this will help avoid the fights that have sometimes taken place in the tunnel. WTF happened to Lambo?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    no mention of whether or not the stadium is still at sea level?
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Another great example of something NOT to bitch about. With all their missteps, they did a freakin' great job with the stadium.

Now the team needs to deliver on the field.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    the fact that Woody refuses to disclose the capacity at this point is just another example of how fucking pathetic his marketing acumen is. It's like he thinks announcing to the crowd in real-time that there are 72,316 fans is something worth holding onto. Just come clean to those who actually care about this stuff and the other 71,000 fans won't even understand the announcement from an incomprehensible Crazy Larry anyway. Just win and the sizzle takes care of itself.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

It's four feet down from where it was, but I don't know how close that is to sea level. That's four feet of atmospheric pressure weighing down! It's going to be like trying to get out of quicksand running a route now. The only hope is to run Bishop all day.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Where are the toilets? Do they have toilet paper? Do they have one of those cool Japanese spray things to wash all of the Husky faithful's delicate areas? Do visiting fans get to use the same toilets?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Oregon's PRACTICE facility still wins the offseason natty.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Lake WaRshington is 16' above sea level. But that doesn't take into account the water table n shit.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

It's four feet down from where it was, but I don't know how close that is to sea level. That's four feet of atmospheric pressure weighing down! It's going to be like trying to get out of quicksand running a route now. The only hope is to run Bishop all day.

What about the water table and sightline issues?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    It really is a beautiful stadium. Too bad our football team sort of sucks. Fuck you Sark.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    why is there a big blue M painted on the roof?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    How come I see an M at centerfield from my seats on the north side?
    TheGlove said:

why is there a big blue M painted on the roof?