Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New flash: Ross is a corner.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Jesus H. Christ.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,440
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Ross is a corner. Daniels is a TE. String is a Rebel.

Sark's a great WR recruiter, everyone says so.

Also, Dwayne Washington is a RB.
    Actually he's very average. He needs to develop better vision and methods for turning 1 yard gains into 4 yard gains. But yes, the two home runs were nice.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Actually he's very average. He needs to develop better vision and methods for turning 1 yard gains into 4 yard gains. But yes, the two home runs were nice.
    He's not average at all. Any time he is in the open field he houses it. Average backs don't do that. Rankin is a great comparison because they both ran like a goat fuck in traffic, but could gallop in space. DW is not average though, what he does in open space speed wise is what you call special.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

He's not average at all. Any time he is in the open field he houses it. Average backs don't do that. Rankin is a great comparison because they both ran like a goat fuck in traffic, but could gallop in space. DW is not average though, what he does in open space speed wise is what you call special.
    Agreed. Washington might be as bad as Rankin was in traffic, but Rankin wasn't nearly as special in open space, at least not until his senior year.

What Washington does well he does really, really well. I'm not sure UW's ever had a freshman/ sophomore back who broke long TD's as regularly as Washington does (since Nip seemed to always stumble inside the ten). At least not in my lifetime.

Washington is risk/reward but the reward is massive. He's averaging almost six yards a carry in his career because he's able to break the long ones at a high frequency. If he ever learns to turn the two yard carries into four yarders he's going to be a superstar. Obviously there's no guarantee he does learn that.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    D-dub giving the u-dub some free pub!!!!11!

While softy was milking some sloppies at the dub pub
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

I agree with you, but it's hard to call a guy who has had 4 50+ yard TD runs over the past 3 games average.
    Consider the defenses.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,440
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I agree with you, but it's hard to call a guy who has had 4 50+ yard TD runs over the past 3 games average.
    I hear you in a sense, but are we suddenly only judging by three games?

He's a young Louis Rankin, which was average.
    Bullshit.

Young Louis Rankin (everything before his senior year): 255 carries, 1186 yards, 4.65 YPC, 5 TD's.

Dwayne Washington: 166 carries, 987 yards, 5.95 YPC, 13 TD's.

Young Rankin had two runs over 50 yards and one of them was against San Jose St. Washington already has 6 and all have been in Pac12 play. Young Rankin had three other runs for over 30 yards, two of them did not go for TD's, the other was against Idaho.

Young Rankin was Justin Smoak. Dwayne Washington is Mike Stanton. Three long TD's (44, 68 and 77) in 255 carries is a guy who is capable of hitting the ball a long way when everything goes right. Six long TD's (66, 68, 60, 61, 71, 52) in 166 carries is a fucking slugger.

13 rushing TD's to 5 rushing TD's in only 60% as many carries speaks for itself.

Washington is much, much better than Rankin was his first three years. If Washington takes the same caliber of a leap his senior year as Rankin did Washington will leap to the best player in the nation. I'm not counting on it happening, and he certainly has flaws in his game, but he's a hell of a lot better than a Young Louis Rankin.
    Aside from JECornell, we weren't even talking about Washington until we reached the season ending soft part of our schedule.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

dnc said:

You mean like the Arizona game.

Consider the defenses.
    You mean like the Arizona game?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

You mean like the Arizona game.

Consider the defenses.
    You mean like the Arizona game?
    Yes. They suck too.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    There have always been soft parts of schedules.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pad level needs to improve to run in traffic and turn one into four. Football 101
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

I hear you in a sense, but are we suddenly only judging by three games?

He's a young Louis Rankin, which was average.
    While someone already pointed out Rankin's leap in production during his final year, the comparison is pretty solid. They're both very similar backs.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I think Washington's end of season success had more to do with him developing under the coaching than it did with the defense he had success against. The repetitions that Peterson talked about in his PC's were not just blowing smoke as it had been under Sark. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make another big lead next year. As his technique improves, expect to see those four year carries that are now two.